Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Amusement / theme parks

Comments

• 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Next time I make it out to LA, I'll be trying to hit up Knott's Berry Farm and Disneyland
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,403 spicy boy

TheCLIT said:

Well fuck me. I had a feeling that you had.

I just love California a bit more than Ohio
    =D>
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Trip review kyle?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    kyle tripped :O
    mrAPE said:

Trip review kyle?

Ok, I'll try and type one up.
    Brad's all over my cock tonight. Obsessed =))

Finally back home for the night, so I'll get started.
    July 16

This was our third day in Los Angeles and we planned on using the full day to visit Six Flags up in Valencia, California. We were staying down around Manhattan Beach, so it would be a bit of a drive. The park opened up at 10:30 that morning so were were out of the hotel by about 8 to deal with the infamous LA traffic.

We were headed north on the 405 and decided to take a short detour to Van Nuys in order to visit a landmark that meant a lot to me personally.... As seen on TV.

After a few glamour shots in front of the building, I hopped back into the car and we were on our way to Six Flags!

Got up to the front gates at about 10:20 and we had priority access because of our Six Flags Gold Season Passes. All that meant is that we were able to skip the giant cluster of people in front of the main entrance. By the time we got in, the park was open and the "regular folk" were let in.

We sprinted to X2... I have heard that you should leave that at other rides that get the long lines until the end of the day, but I said screw it and went anyway. I was the one in charge of our plan for the park and I went with my gut and just decided to divide it into sections as we always have done. 10 minutes later (they were still testing), we got on the first train of the day. I kind of knew what to expect with a 4th Dimension coaster despite never having been on one.

X2: Oh my Jesus, this ride was well worth the wait. The ride is known for being rough, but I did not find it too bad at all. I mean, it is compared to most steel coasters but the restraints and new trains have helped a lot. X2 is very disorienting as you're being flipped throughout the ride.

Viper Another famous Arrow Dynamics coaster to start the day! It used to feature the world's highest vertical loop but now that award goes to the park's newest ride, Full Throttle. We walked right on and got on the first train in the station after X2. A solid coaster and there's never any line at it because its neighbor gets all of the attention... whore. Both rides give you scenic views of the Santa Clarita Valley so that is a big plus. And we had two rides done in about half an hour.

Revolution THE FIRST MODERN LOOPING COASTER IN THE WORLD. THANK YOU, SCHWARZKOPF ^:)^
    I was excited to ride a classic. And once again, there was no wait and we walked right up to the entrance. Also, as seen on TV/Big Screen like plenty of other coasters here.
    I could not find a clip of the Griswold's riding it whilst holding John Candy hostage in National Lampoon's Vacation... a timeless classic.

Tatsu Ahhh I was finally getting to ride my first flying coaster after motherfucking Superman broke down when were at the front of the line at Six Flags Over Georgia approximately 8 years ago. We had to catch a flight a few hours later so we couldn't stay... :(
    Anyway, this was another new ride experience for me. The tallest, fastest, and longest flying coaster in the world. Not a bad way to begin my experience with flying coasters, but it kinda ruins the rest, don't you think? The seats and restraints are just as comfortable as they look. Amazing ride experience and the pretzel loop was by far my favorite element (also the world's largest) on the ride. Tied with X2 as my favorite at the park.

Apocalypse Wooden coaster with millennium flyer trains. This sucker is quick. It doesn't look like much but it packs a punch, not like other wooden coasters that literally beat you up. It only goes 50 mph... but It feels closer to 70. My best guess is because of how compact the ride is and the quick changes of direction. Also, there is a ton of airtime which is always a giant plus. It's a really rough ride but you don't feel it with the millennium flyer trains. It was a bit unexpected, but I really enjoyed it.

Thus far, the only line that we have had to stand in was for Tatsu, but that is expected.

Ninja This area of the park is kind of hidden underneath Tatsu fyi. Superman and the Observation tower are also located up on the hill. Only other suspended ride that I've ridden was Iron Dragon at Cedar Point. It was a fun little ride, but nothing much. It did basically the same thing as ID - Swing through trees and then dive close to the water. Fun ride with little to no wait.

Superman: Escape From Krypton First ride in the world to reach the 100mph mark! They were only running one of the two sides at the time we were in line :-L
    This ride is extremely loud and it sounds like jets are flying directly overhead. It affects you more on other sides of the park. It's fun going backwards but I kind of wish I was able to ride it before they reversed the trains. Longest line of the day so far as the put us in the 2 seater row line...

Goldrusher Woo, the park's very first roller coaster! Who doesn't enjoy a nice little ride on mine trains? Walked right up and got on. Not as good as The very first mine train coaster... The Runaway Mine Train at Six Flags Over Texas. Still another coaster credit for me!
    office building :-?
    edited July 2013
    Part 2:

Riddler's Revenge Now we were in the Gotham City/DC Comics section every Six Flags has. When it was built, this was the largest stand up coaster in the world, but that was soon passed by Chang (SFKK - now at SF Great Adventure). This one hurt more than the other stand ups I've been on. Maybe that was because my seat got locked when it was a few inches too high... My legs fell asleep by the end up it. It's intense for sure... Perhaps next time I'll enjoy it more if my seat is locked a little lower.

Green Lantern The shut it down for a few minutes while we were in line, so my mother and I went to ride Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth to pass the time (a tilt-a-whirl). She got sick because we had just eaten lol and we were heading back to ride Green Lantern. These rides don't have a very high capacity so the wait time sucks. And this motherfucker hurts. I've heard that it is a notorious ballcrusher (luckily this did not happen to me) and it lived up to its expectations as my dad found out. It hurts like hell though. We flipped and my restraint slammed into my stomach, locked, and I could hardly breathe. Would ride again.

Batman the Ride Bitch, if you don't know B&M's standard Batman coaster for the Six Flags parks, you need to just go home. Same cookie cutter ride but we rode it because why not?

Scream A floorless coaster that the park decided to take part of the parking lot out for... Not much to look at around the ride, just asphalt. This line took forever because they were only running one train today for maintenance. It's the same exact ride as Bizzaro (formerly Medusa) at Six Flags Great Adventure. It's a fun ride, aside from being in what was formerly known as the parking lot.

Colossus A racing wooden coaster running only one side :(
    I was expecting it to be pretty rough because of its age, but it was fine. Nothing too special, though. Very short lines too. Watch it in the opening credits of Step By Step

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9nFkEdROqQ

Lol I love the ocean edited in.

Goliath God this line took forever. I waited close to an hour for basically the same ride we have at SFOT - Titan. The only difference is that the Titan has two sets of double-helixes, whereas the original ride, Goliath, only has one at the end. Fun ride and it was cool to ride the original. A warning... You can hear Superman very clearly from the queue.

Full Throttle Saved the newest ride for last. It had just opened up about a month prior to our visit. It was about an hour wait but we got to skip to the front about 10 minutes in because I answered trivia questions about the coaster correctly. Posted the story in a previous comment on this page...
    I'll be honest, I was not that impressed with it aside from the 160 foot loop. After riding, my opinion changed. It was a lot of fun for a short ride. The hang time on the loop is great and I love the three launches. Extremely smooth and silent aside from people screaming.

Got all of the non-kiddie coasters in during a single day with 2 hours to spare. Rode X2, Tatsu, and Apocalypse again and then the park closed.

There's a lot of hills in this park too, so just be prepared to get a bit of a workout in while strolling through the park.

Longest waits - Goliath, X2 (second time), Tatsu, Superman (only because of one side), Full Throttle (new, but we skipped it B) ), and Scream (one train this day).

Everything else was a short wait 15 minutes or less typically. You just need to go during the middle of the week to be able to get everything done in one visit.

EDIT: Forgot to say that Lex Luthor's Drop of Doom was shut down... The only thing in the park closed. Kinda bummed about that one.

BONUS - ONE DIRECTION AT SFMM RIDING TATSU (ONLY HARRY, NIALL, AND LOUIS THOUGH)

Post edited by 1D_for_life on

office building :-?

Yessir

Brad's all over my cock tonight. Obsessed =))

Finally back home for the night, so I'll get started.

just continuing what you started. when it stops is up to you...
    I've been on for two days in the past 16 or so... Yeah I haven't gone on little flagging sprees. Whatever doe
    And why are you even in this thread.. Aren't you scared of roller coasters?
    wheres dat gay button
    Obviously, since you continue to flag my posts for no reason (:|
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    kids these days
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I've only flagged MC once since I've been back as a joke
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Live's been making up for it while you've been gone. Thought I'd let you know.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I'm guessing that's the new Gary-esque person
    i think he left? must have just been gary.