Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

thoughts on drinking or getting high around children?

mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
I'm to the point where I ready to tell courtneys step dad to fuck off he isn't allowed around my kid. He is one of the biggest pieces of shit I have ever been around. He is just all around an asshole and very selfish. Example, say its Courtney's birthday and her mom gets her a gift her mom also has to buy a gift for him or he gets pissy similar to what a child would do. His brother is in prison for molesting his daughter and he blames the child. He is also racist. Drives me crazy. I haven't said anything because I don't really want to be the one to start the drama.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we went to visit Courtney's mom. Our niece and nephew of ages 3 and 1 were there. He has no medical issues so that's not an excuse. While we were there he decided he wanted to get high and did so in front of the kids. Now I've become pretty laid back when it comes to weed I just don't care if you want to smoke go for it its not my life to make those decisions with. When he did that it made me mad as fuck because I know it would be the same with my kid there.

This got me to thinking what are others thoughts on some thing like this and it goes for drinking too when you're supposed to be taking care of kids. Do you get pissed or just not care? Shitty move or not to do it?
You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!

Comments

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    Keep your kid away from him and if questions you or your wife about it tell him why.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It was literally with both of them next to him like pulling on his pants to play with them.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    When it happened I just told Courtney we needed to leave. We haven't told our brother and sister in law. We just don't want some major fallout over it. Its going to be interesting when they ask if jamey can stay with them and they get a no though.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    Fuck the fallout, fuck the drama, your kid comes first. Tell them straight up there is 0 smoking around the kids. If you show up visibly impaired, your not welcome at my spot. If you do it somewhere else, we're out. That's just how it is. If the kids are important to them, they will get it. If not, fuck em, its their loss. I don't even burn in my own house, I take a trip out to the shed.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    i was umpiring and some dumbass parents decided it be a good idea to get drunk. so the tourny director found out and went over and stopped the game and was like well hell maybe i should just start bringing my bong to the fields =))
    I was more curious about how others are in this situation. I already had decided he will not be around jamey when we are not there
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    We puff in a different room from the kids, but i dont really hide it from them. All cigarettes go outside since we don't smoke 'em and I hate the smell. I got drunk once around my son and felt kinda guilty later because of how I acted. Part of the reason I don't drink anymore. In other cultures, specifically Jamaican/Rastafarian, it's really ordinary for them to puff around their kids and its not a big deal. I'm really honest and up-front about stuff with my son even though I don't think he fully comprehends everything yet. I think I'd worry more if my kids were going to public schools and I had to worry about what they'd tell people, but that's not an issues cuz were home schooling them
    To be honest I already was sick of his shit this was just kind of the last straw where it was time to say fuck it you're not being around him.

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Yeah if/when I have kids I wouldn't smoke around them, if bring it in another room...drinking, maybe a beer or two but I do t even like getting fucked up with my friends any more lol....Iv always been of the opinion weed is a good thing and would never deny it when asked....my friends niece asked me if I smoked the other day cause of my xbox live name...I told her that when you reach a certain age there is nothing wrong with it and it has health being its but said that I didn't think it was something a 15 year old should do
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    id drink only lightly around my kids

and smoking would be outsider or in another room as well.
    I love winning with women
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    My dad and uncles did it around us when we were kids, but I guess you could say those were different days back then. Now him and my brother dont even smoke cigarettes around any kids. People really frown on thet stuff these days, so they have respect for others, espacially for kids. I was that way when I smoked, I never did it around my kids, and if I went back to it I wouldnt until they were adults.
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

• Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    mrAPE said:

When it happened I just told Courtney we needed to leave. We haven't told our brother and sister in law. We just don't want some major fallout over it. Its going to be interesting when they ask if jamey can stay with them and they get a no though.

Fuck the fallout. He totally disrespected everyone by doing stupid shit. To be honest he needed a slap upside his head and to be told to act like an adult. Anyone ever pull shit like that in front of my children they will find out real quick that I don't roll like that. It's up to you to protect your kids. Society is so lax these days it's pretty much everything goes. No values anymore.

• SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i've gotten drunk with a kid around. i was at a party though (lots of people were drunk) and i was not responsible for watching the child. not really sure why the parents brought their kid. only adults were at the party
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    Tbh, the problem with Ape's FIL is that he sounds like a douchebag peripheral to the weed smoking. I'd have a hard time being confrontational with someone for doing their thing in their own home, but that doesnt mean you have to sit back and take it. My parents always had issues with my grandparents on both sides smoking cigarettes around us. Whenever a cig got lit, we'd just go home. Eventually they got the point and cut it out, but there was never a big fight or even a lot of words spoken about it. My Dad was always smart like that. I'm not as cool headed about things so I'd be more likely to have words with people, but deep down I know that being civil and giving people chances to straighten up before you blow up on them is a more productive route. We went 6 months without seeing my girlfriends mom a couple of years ago because she opened a window to get rid of her smoke and ended up bombarding my son with smoke and cold at the same time. He came home with a cold and I had to put my foot down. Now, she goes outside to smoke when the kids are around
    Yeah its like I said the weed thing was just kind of the last straw.

I made this thread to see what people thought about drinking or getting high directly in front of young kids. I personally feel it should not happen. If something were to happen to my kid because someone was fucked up while watching them I'd probably kill them. You want to get high or drunk don't do it around the kids. That's just me though.
    Yeah. There's no way in hell I'd do that around someone else's kid
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    I have way to much respect for people to even consider it....I don't get what goes through people's heads sometimes
  • monicaamonicaa Posts: 7,109 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I've never done anything like that around my children, and i'd be thoroughly pissed if anybody did.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    This might be the first thing the whole forum has ever agreed to.
    Pass the god damn butter.