Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Gary Holt, Dave Lombardo, Nick Oliveri and Casey Chaos...

jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
http://gunshyassassin.com/news/exodus-slayer-members-form-new-band/

Exodus, Slayer Members Form New Band
Posted by Chris Harris on January 3, 2013 in Featured, News, Rad

Holy shit, this is almost too phat to believe.

Noisecreep claims Exodus guitarist Gary Holt has joined forces with Slayer drummer Dave Lombardo, Amen vocalist Casey Chaos and ex-Queens of the Stone Age bassist Nick Oliveri in an as-yet-unnamed project.

The new group is tracking recording music for a documentary about House Of Shock, the infamous New Orleans haunted house attraction founded in 1992 by ex-Pantera frontman Philip Anselmo.

The band’s studio sessions are being overseen by producer Ross Robinson.

Holt says: “Whenever Dave and I would get on deck for soundcheck [during the Slayer tours], we’d go up there first and jam make up stuff every day. It just comes easy for us. We’re both into being spontaneous and improvising. We probably have an album’s worth of material.

“The [song] we were working on today, it’s like a combination of all of our bands with Discharge and The Exploited and GBH on it. Really, really punk. Super crunchy and super brutal. It just came together so naturally. There’s a beat and a riff and Casey starts spewing some venom on top of it. It’s awesome!”

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    There was another super group that formed today. Forgot who it was though :-?
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This looks pretty cool
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    edited January 2013
    Oliveri. Sold.
    I love winning with women
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Want
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,793 spicy boy
    that's fucking sweet
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    Haven't heard from Casey chaos or amen since like the 90's
    i thought he was in scars on broadway?
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers

In case today’s news of a new outfit featuring members of Slayer, Exodus, Amen, Queens of the Stone Age, and possibly Metallica wasn’t enough to fulfill your current supergroup needs, try this on for size.

Eyehategod’s Mike IX Williams, Neurosis’ Scott Kelly, Yakuza’s Bruce Lamont, and Sanford Parker (Nachtmystium is the credit for which he is most well-known these days, but I still think of him as the dude from Minsk… remember Minsk???) are all gearing up for a tour together, during which they’ll each play a solo set every night, then close out the evening by pulling a Voltron and teaming up under the moniker “Corrections House.” Which is a pretty cool idea — if you’re gonna have all those dudes on the road together, you might as well take full advantage. I’m assuming it saves everyone the hassle of having to line up support acts as well, although for all I know there will be local bands opening each show anyway.

Here are dates, courtesy of Lambgoat:

1/21 Saint Vitus Bar – Brooklyn, NY
    1/22 Great Scott – Boston, MA
    1/23 BAR – New Haven, CT
    1/24 Metro Gallery – Baltimore, MD
    1/25 DC9 – Washington, DC
    1/26 Strange Matter – Richmond, VA
    1/27 Kings Barcade – Raleigh, NC
    1/28 The Atlantic – Gainesville, FL
    1/30 Churchill’s – Miami, FL
    1/31 Crowbar – Tampa, FL
    2/02 Bottletree – Birmingham, AL
    2/06 Siberia – New Orleans, LA
    2/07 Rudyyards – Houston, TX
    2/08 Korova – San Antonio, TX
    2/09 Red 7 – Austin, TX
    2/10 Bryan Street Tavern – Dallas, TX
    2/11 Opolis – Norman, OK
    2/13 Slowdown – Omaha, NE
    2/15 Moon Room – Denver, CO
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    SATAN said:

i thought he was in scars on broadway?

Can't say I've really given scars on broadway enough of my time to know if he was. And i probably won't be anytime soon
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    jag said:

In case today’s news of a new outfit featuring members of Slayer, Exodus, Amen, Queens of the Stone Age, and possibly Metallica wasn’t enough to fulfill your current supergroup needs, try this on for size.

Eyehategod’s Mike IX Williams, Neurosis’ Scott Kelly, Yakuza’s Bruce Lamont, and Sanford Parker (Nachtmystium is the credit for which he is most well-known these days, but I still think of him as the dude from Minsk… remember Minsk???) are all gearing up for a tour together, during which they’ll each play a solo set every night, then close out the evening by pulling a Voltron and teaming up under the moniker “Corrections House.” Which is a pretty cool idea — if you’re gonna have all those dudes on the road together, you might as well take full advantage. I’m assuming it saves everyone the hassle of having to line up support acts as well, although for all I know there will be local bands opening each show anyway.

2/08 Korova – San Antonio, TX
    Sweet! \m/
    it sucks that's not coming to atlanta
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    1/30 \m/
    inb4lists