Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comic books

AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
edited March 2012 in Off Topic
Figured I'd start a tread for mc and I or whoever else reads them to discuss it.
What are you reading now? What's next? Favorite series? Graphic novel?

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    do you have a good site for checking comicbook values?
  • AbbadonAbbadon Posts: 1,990 juggalo
    do you have a good site for checking comicbook values?
    Wizard is the only price guide I looked at

http://comicbooks.about.com/od/collectingcomics/p/value3.htm
    is it online? what's your more expensive book? I thought I use to have a good collection, now I feel it probably isnt worth as much as it was. I got a few things like Spawn #1- #60ish, death of superman series unopened, fall of dark knight with batman getting his back broke, and the whole sword of Azreal side story.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    edited March 2012
    I pick up the monthly issues of Venom (prob tied fo my fav monthly comic atm), Scarlet Spider, The Dark Knight (new 52), Ghost Rider, Carnage USA (also tied for my fav monthly), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Uncharted.

My bro gets pretty much all the other new 52 Batman monthly comics, and Batman graphic novels which i read. He also gets the monthly Avenging Spiderman, Nightwing, Suicide Squad (new 52), and All Star Western (Jonah Hex new 52).

My fav author is Alan Moore. My fav work by him is Watchmen. I also read V for Vendetta and have League of Extraordinary Gentlemen still to read. Theres a Watchmen prequel coming out soon i heard.

Im currently reading The Walking Dead. (Compendium one) im on about chapter 6 of 9 in that.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    My fav comic book heros are Spiderman, Ghost Rider, and Batman

My fav anti-heros are Venom, and Rorschach

My fav villians are Carnage, and Scarecrow
    is it online? what's your more expensive book? I thought I use to have a good collection, now I feel it probably isnt worth as much as it was. I got a few things like Spawn #1- #60ish, death of superman series unopened, fall of dark knight with batman getting his back broke, and the whole sword of Azreal side story.
    I would buy some of those if your looking to sell. Specifically knightfall. I don't have many I usually read digital files. I have a batman signed by Scott McDaniel not sure what it's worth but prob $30 at most. I have a bunch of figures and other collectables cause they are easier to keep mint.
    idk if I want to sell. I bought them, never read, sealed them, and then stored them away. Arent the knightfall books only worth a couple bucks? 5 bucks at most?
    Is it a collection or actual issues?
    All my stuff is actual issues. first print when they came out. I bought 90% from a comicbook store for the retail shelf price. Like 1.95 per issue or something like that. I put then in comic book sleeves with cardboard backing, and put them in a comicbook storage box. Probably got around 300-400 comic books in the 5 years around when Spawn first came out, death of superman, batman knightfall.

I think I bought two of the issues where batman got his back broken by bane cause I really wanted to read it and save the other in an unread condition.
  • Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    i loved Spawn comics

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

you'll probably say this is gay, but what I was really big into back then is ducktails and spinoffs of it like darkwing duck. I gathered as much of the disney comicbooks like that as I could... Someone told me once that those disney comicbooks might be worth more then the superhero ones. I've never looked into it.
    I still see Darkwing duck comics lol
    This is around 1989-1993 that I was collecting these things. Then I turned 16 and started doing drugs and stopped doing fag things like reading.
    like I have these in never read condition

http://www.comicvine.com/ducktales/49-4513/

how much is that shit worth?
    All my stuff is actual issues. first print when they came out. I bought 90% from a comicbook store for the retail shelf price. Like 1.95 per issue or something like that. I put then in comic book sleeves with cardboard backing, and put them in a comicbook storage box. Probably got around 300-400 comic books in the 5 years around when Spawn first came out, death of superman, batman knightfall.

I think I bought two of the issues where batman got his back broken by bane cause I really wanted to read it and save the other in an unread condition.
    Damn... idk. They go more, as im sure you know, that theyre 1st printing and single issues. Research it, or maybe get em appraised or something.

It sounds like you have some good stuff
    you'll probably say this is gay, but what I was really big into back then is ducktails and spinoffs of it like darkwing duck. I gathered as much of the disney comicbooks like that as I could... Someone told me once that those disney comicbooks might be worth more then the superhero ones. I've never looked into it.
    Ya usually those are worth more because less were printed. Follow that link I posted and then follow link to wizard, you'll at least get an idea.
    idk if I want to sell. I bought them, never read, sealed them, and then stored them away. Arent the knightfall books only worth a couple bucks? 5 bucks at most?
    Ya they are kinda easy to find but figured maybe we could make a deal lol

Damn... idk. They go more, as im sure you know, that theyre 1st printing and single issues. Research it, or maybe get em appraised or something.

It sounds like you have some good stuff
    Yeah.... I think I do. The biggest problem with stuff like this is trying to sell it. Seems like a hassle. First you gotta get it appraised. maybe certified mint if it is really rare, then you gotta find a buyer and sell it for less then it appraised I am sure. and I gotta do that for 500 comicbooks? Seems like a lot of work so I always put it off.

Sometimes I feel like just putting the whole lot on ebay as is :))
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    most of the ones wake mentioned aren't worth much due to overprinting =((

Ya usually those are worth more because less were printed. Follow that link I posted and then follow link to wizard, you'll at least get an idea.

I did follow the link but didnt see it linking to the online price guide. I'll look again. \m/