Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The 2013 Tours Thread

Comments

• DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    cause u loved them.. <_>
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I hated them but I'm gonna give 'em a second chance. My opinion probably won't change, but it's worth a shot.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    mushroomhead is finally coming to cincinnati on april 22nd
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    0 fucks
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    converge was fucking shit at dethklok. screw 2nd chances [-(
    You're gay. Mike Portnoy is an overrated drummer. James LaBrie is about as pleasing as the cheese he's named after. John Myung's math skills can't write him a solid bassline. John Petrucci should stick to teaching other people how to be boring and rip off Metallica rather than performing live at quadruple the volume of his fellow members. Keyboards are gay, like you.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    About half way through Jane Doe. I don't like the vocals one bit, but musically these guys are solid. I knew they were good musicians though. A lot of it is really samey though, which explains why a lot of their live performance sounded the same. If they got a decent vocalist, I'd like 'em more.
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The lyrics are amazing, Jacob Bannon just doesn't like reading them
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
  • DreamtheaterDreamtheater Posts: 1,088 just the tip
    You're gay. Mike Portnoy is an overrated drummer. James LaBrie is about as pleasing as the cheese he's named after. John Myung's math skills can't write him a solid bassline. John Petrucci should stick to teaching other people how to be boring and rip off Metallica rather than performing live at quadruple the volume of his fellow members. Keyboards are gay, like you.
    <______>
    for starts, portnoy is no longer their drummer, and while he has made a bad name for himself lately, he is amazingly talented and you are high if you think otherwise. i understand why people dont like labrie but i dont get so defensive about it, its your loss. yes myung's basslines are mostly copying petrucci, who gives a fuck. Petrucci is an amazing guitarist; and a majority of their metallica sound was due to portnoy's commanding behavior, which is now gone, petrucci has far more feeling in his music then anything kirk hammet has done. and if you think keyboards are gay then you're saying bands like deep purple is gay, which if you are, makes you one of the dumbest people on these boards.
    I didn't like converge, and while it may have been due to the nature of the show i saw them at, i have no intention of listening to them again, live with it..
    Just finished Jane Doe. I'd give it a strong 6/ light 7. A lot of the tracks are samey and the vocals are god awful. But, the band definitely showcases their technical ability and uses it to write cool passages and get really heavy on some of the tracks. I definitely understand the appeal, but I think the album gets a little too much credit. This is definitely not worthy of number 1 on both Sputnik and Decibel's Top 100 albums of the 00's.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    <______>
    for starts, portnoy is no longer their drummer, and while he has made a bad name for himself lately, he is amazingly talented and you are high if you think otherwise. i understand why people dont like labrie but i dont get so defensive about it, its your loss. yes myung's basslines are mostly copying petrucci, who gives a fuck. Petrucci is an amazing guitarist; and a majority of their metallica sound was due to portnoy's commanding behavior, which is now gone, petrucci has far more feeling in his music then anything kirk hammet has done. and if you think keyboards are gay then you're saying bands like deep purple is gay, which if you are, makes you one of the dumbest people on these boards.
    I didn't like converge, and while it may have been due to the nature of the show i saw them at, i have no intention of listening to them again, live with it..
    Successful trolling was successful....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

Tenacious D SXSW date & May Tour Announced!

First they'll kick things off in Austin, TX for a special SXSW performance at Haven on March 15.
    The May run includes stops in Santa Barbara, Oakland and Vancouver, BC. On Memorial Day, Tenacious D will perform in Washington at the Sasquatch Festival. Tickets are available at www.sasquatchfestival.com.

3/15 Austin - SXSW at Haven (open to music badge and wristband holders)
    5/23 Santa Barbara – Santa Barbara Bowl – on sale Saturday, March 10 at 11am
    5/24 Oakland – Fox Theater – on sale Sunday, March 11 at 10am
    5/26 Bend, OR – Les Schwab Amphitheater – on sale Friday, March 9 at 10am
    5/27 Vancouver, BC – PNE Amphitheater – on sale Friday, March 9 at 10am
    5/28 George, Washington – Gorge Amphitheater Sasquatch Festival - on sale now

More dates to be announced!
    Oh plz plz PLZ come to FL [-O<
    inb4lists
    It'll be like $50 at Oakland. I don't like them that much.
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Hah. In New Brunswick. I thought the Loft was a house....guess it's a legit venue.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    dream theater is the most boring band in metal
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hah. In New Brunswick. I thought the Loft was a house....guess it's a legit venue.
    I'm going, I love Defeater!
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I'm probably already going to be in AC. :))
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    So they just announced a small festival about 25 minutes from my house.

The Dirty Heads
    Filter
    Candlebox
    Seven Nations
    Tyrone Wells
    The Captain's Industry

And several local openers.

It's a 3-day festival doe $25, i might go for TDH.
    inb4lists
    Shiprocked Cruise 2012

Godsmack
    Five Finger Death Punch
    P.O.D
    Sevendust
    Filter
    Fuel
    Black Stone Cherry
    Lit
    Geoff Tate