Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• SantanaSantana Posts: 16,743 juggalo
    Why is the 311 setlist so long? Am I missing something here?
  • Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    ^it was their annual 311 day where they play an endless amount of music. they do it once every year
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I dont think I couldn't handle a 6 hour set from anyband.
    image Photobucket
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
  • ComptonAssBertoComptonAssBerto Posts: 3,899 just the tip
    edited March 2010
    please excuse me while i break this combo
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    "I dont think I couldn't handle a 6 hour set from anyband. "

I could...oh...I could.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Wine- maiden?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Quite a few bands, with Maiden being one of them.
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    a good half of the show is on youtube.
    image Photobucket
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    I was talkin to kandyroll.

According to him, he partied with Rose Funeral at his friends house after the show.

next time he's on here we'll have to ask him about that.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    3/13/10 - Kreator - The Rave - Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

Well to start off, I got there almost an hour late, and completely missed Lazarus A.D. and almost all of Evile's set.

Evile - Only saw 3 songs, Not sure, Bathe In Blood, and Enter The Grave. But from what I saw, I loved 'em. 8/10

Nachtmystium - How these guys got on this tour, not to mention, the last band opening for Kreator, is beyond me. They should of been the first band up if anything. I wonder how they got on the tour because it's a Thrash tour, and they're Black Metal. First off, couldn't hear the Vocals at all, and they were just plain boring, just stood there emotionless, and hardly said shit, I think all he said the whole show was "Show me some fucking horns." and it just seemed like very generic Black Metal. 5/10

FUCKING KREATOR - HOLY.
    FUCKING.
    SHIT.
    They EASILY go in my top 5 shows I've seen after tonight.
    And goddamnit I'm going to hell, but I liked them more then fucking Slayer.
    Best Thrash band I've seen live, hands down.
    To start off, for some reason, this show wasn't held at the regular Rave area, it was held in the Bar area, which, under normal circumstances, is where local bands play while the big bands are setting up (I.E. At Hatebreed, Trivium, Etc.) now, this bar area is only about as big as as MAYBE a high school classroom, if that. And there was only 200 people at the most.
    I have come to a conclusion. This is my favorite setting for a concert. Absolute madness. And so intimate and personal with the band. I was on the rail (Or lack there-of) meaning I was ON the stage, I was literally a foot away from the members, and touched all of Kreator's Guitars when they came up close, their Guitarist (Sorry, don't know his name haha.) played a solo RIGHT in front of my face, it was fucking win.
    I love chanting their songs, them and Slayer are the 2 bands that I always scream at the top of my lungs when listening to them at home, so screaming Hordes Of Chaos, Enemy Of God, Flag Of Hate, Violent Revolution, Etc. were so fucking fulfilling live.
    This is one of the most violent bands I've seen live, he fucking demands pits every song, and just has an overall very demanding and aggressive demeanor on stage.
    Also, VERY violent pits, because of how small the area was, I got into many small pits up on the rail, it was fucking great.
    He (The frontman, once again, sorry, don't these guy's names lol.) was also very funny, like being very cheesily evil, but also just saying funny shit and making the crowd laugh.
    Kept up my streak of getting picks and got one from the frontman, although it sadly doesn't have a Kreator logo. Almost got my first drumstick, but it fucking bounced off of my head. -_-
    Nonetheless, perfect show, and even though this will get me bashed, because you guys are like 4 year olds.
    11/10
    "very generic Black Metal"
    dude...

"11/10"

Oh no...
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    You think he would have learned about 11/10.

And that it's not a possible score!!!!!
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's a very possible score.

Means that it was beyond perfect.

This show COMPLETELY blew my expectations.

Hence: 11/10.

Not a hard concept to understand.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Well then you obviously didn't expect a "perfect" show, because for it to be beyond "perfect" is technically impossible. You would know that if you ever went to school....