Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    Xeno said:
    What did you say?
    It was just a thing on the main menu I didn't get a message from Xbox. Did get a temp ban for calling someone a faggot in RL text chat once
    oh
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I tried to tell someone to ky in Overwatch chat the other day and it censored it
    Gaming has become soft as hell
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
    Wait now that I think about it, it was an RL ban from me playing on PC, not Xbox live. Consoles automatically censor the text chat
    Dark Souls 2 is so damn long. It just keeps going. IM STILL WORKING MY WAY THROUGH IT! I am enjoying it now though, now that I'm passed that crushing beginning. It has a different flow than DeS/DS1, but it does have flow.
    Just copped the full XCOM Collection (Unknown, Within, 2, Chosen, Chimera, DLCs), Wild Hunt GOTY, Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Island Thunder, and the Bioshock Collection on the steam sale. Altogether like $35
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    edited June 2022
    The difficulty scaling is weird on GT7. I have it on Hard and I’m winning most of the races, but then random races will come up where even on Easy they’re a challenge, and on Hard you straight up do not go fast enough, even wit great handling on the turns. Only way I could win those ones was severely overpowering my car. For instance this most recent one had a suggested PP of 400, I got mine up to like 520 and then finally won. Which is fine, but it sucks because each set of races requires different classes of cars, so you can find yourself spending credits you don’t wanna spend to soup up some lame shit you don’t wanna soup up like a Mini Cooper lol. But at least they’re somewhat generous on the credit rewards from the races.
    Me: Vanguard is the worst COD since Ghosts

Also me: It's on sale? Might as well get it again for PC and have fun with 110 degree FOV
    The difficulty scaling is weird on GT7. I have it on Hard and I’m winning most of the races, but then random races will come up where even on Easy they’re a challenge, and on Hard you straight up do not go fast enough, even wit great handling on the turns. Only way I could win those ones was severely overpowering my car. For instance this most recent one had a suggested PP of 400, I got mine up to like 520 and then finally won. Which is fine, but it sucks because each set of races requires different classes of cars, so you can find yourself spending credits you don’t wanna spend to soup up some lame shit you don’t wanna soup up like a Mini Cooper lol. But at least they’re somewhat generous on the credit rewards from the races.
    That's one thing I appreciate about Forza Horizon a lot, is you can change the difficulty from race to race without being punished and set a lot of race parameters. I would hate those games if it didn't keep rewarding you for solely doing the things you want to do
    A lot of good stuff coming to Switch
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Nintendo needs a new system
    Xeno said:
    That's one thing I appreciate about Forza Horizon a lot, is you can change the difficulty from race to race without being punished and set a lot of race parameters. I would hate those games if it didn't keep rewarding you for solely doing the things you want to do
    Oh, I didn’t make it clear in my post, but GT7 is like that too. You can switch difficulties on the fly and it doesn’t punish you for it, I think you may get a lil less credits as reward, but that’s it. And even that I’m not 100% sure on, it might also be the same. So there’s nothing keeping you locked into Hard except the pure challenge of it. But them races that shoot up in difficulty, the main difference in those ones is how far back they start you. You start in last, anywhere from 10-15 seconds behind 1st, and it can be almost impossible to catch up unless your car is OP, even on Easy. But in most of the races, from what I saw so far, the cars aren’t spaced out nearly that much. It’s on random specific ones and it makes all the difference in the world.
    Nintendo needs a new system
    nah, the Switch is top tier
    PAC-MAN WORLD REMAKE DICK ON VIBRANIUM LET’S FUCKING GOOOOOOO.
    One of the best platformers of all time you uncultured fucking pigs. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,646 jayfacer
    Pac-Man World 2 >
    One of the best platformers of all time you uncultured fucking pigs. 🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
    Never played it, been wanting to, will buy 
    Got damn those license tests on GT7 get my fucking blood boiling. How the fuck are those harder than the actual races smh.
    Dime2 said:
    Pac-Man World 2 >
    God damn I get hot when you talk like that