Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Winning free for alls on Halo is a different kinda high lmao. Was down 23-24 and hit a double wit the pistol for the clutch comeback win and I straight exploded. I’m mad Xbox don’t save the voice chat in recorded clips like PlayStation does lmao.
    Platinum’d Vanguard finally. I got all trophies but 1 back at launch time. Last one left was killing 10,000 zombies. Was holding it off cause Zombies is stupid repetitive but finally jus did a monster session and farmed the rest of them lol. I was lucky enough to run into 2 farming lobbies in the same night cause they were all tryna do the same thing as well as get camos. There’s a way to farm infinite zombies on the Harvest and Transmit rounds so we jus did that lol.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Last boss of Halo is so fucking hard. Halo's always had the problem with one-shot bosses. Add teleportation and bad checkpoints to the mix, and its horrible
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Xeno said:
    It’s not a huge or consistent issue, but I’ve definitely run into some fishy ass shit on Infinite. Mainly getting one hit killed from a melee to the front wit full shields. It’s only sposed to OHKO from the back. 

I’ve gotten 2 bursted by the BR too, when even wit perfect aim, it’s sposed to take 4 full bursts minimum to kill.
    2 bursts directly to the Head is a kill
    Not on this game. When shields are active, head shots do no extra damage compared to body shots. So for a 2 burst kill to be realistic, the first burst would need to completely wipe out shields, which isn’t possible, whether it’s a head or body shot.
    Boo
    Xeno said:
    Xeno said:
    It’s not a huge or consistent issue, but I’ve definitely run into some fishy ass shit on Infinite. Mainly getting one hit killed from a melee to the front wit full shields. It’s only sposed to OHKO from the back. 

I’ve gotten 2 bursted by the BR too, when even wit perfect aim, it’s sposed to take 4 full bursts minimum to kill.
    2 bursts directly to the Head is a kill
    Not on this game. When shields are active, head shots do no extra damage compared to body shots. So for a 2 burst kill to be realistic, the first burst would need to completely wipe out shields, which isn’t possible, whether it’s a head or body shot.
    Boo
    Its always been that way for the BR though. The TTK is basically 1:1 with Halo 3
    Finished Infinite. Last boss was a bitch and a half. Longest ending credits ever. 

I beat it on Legendary, and am irritated I didn't get the achievement for it :| 
    Just didnt pop. And Im not gonna go through that whole thing again. 
    It popped. Had to reload my file
    Got damn the SBMM is strong as fuck on Infinite when you’re in a group. It only adjusts to the highest skilled player which can make group play a problem at times. Currently, I’m Gold 5 and climbing, but my boy has been playing Halo competitively heavy as fuck since 2 & 3, so he’s Onyx already. I get absolutely fucking dominated in his lobbies. In Ranked especially, but even in quick play. But I swear you see more cheating ass bullshit in those high ass lobbies. I get that they’re better, but you see some unreal shit in those lobbies. Including dumping a clip into someone’s back, only for them to turn around and one burst you wit full shields like this shit has Vanguard’s TTK smh.

Oh well. I dominate in my solo lobbies at least lmao.
    Im platinum on cross play lobbies

Ranked Gold 5 in placements yesterday for mouse+keyboard only lobby, but I'll have no problem hitting platinum next time I play
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,400 spicy boy
    Theres not much to halo ranks. All you have to do to level up is basically play alot. 
    Bruh it’s seriously ludicrous how much shotguns transform the Vanguard experience. It’s max XP everything this weekend so I been using strictly shotguns and maxing out all 4. Other than some of them being miserable to level since they’re dogshit til they hit around level 50-60, this is the most fun I’ve had playing Vanguard since it dropped lmao. Makes all the difference in the world when you’re using one shot shit too and make it a level playing field.

I’m not at all excusing it btw, it’s still bad game design and it damn near forces you into a “Can’t beat em, join em.” situation and it removes weapon parity because the balancing is absolute garbage. But it is what it is until shotguns get nerfed and this is like the only way I been actually able to have fun on this game lmao.
    What’s yalls top 5 of the year??

Mine is subject to change, cause I still have a backlog and need to play a few big ones like BioMutant, Far Cry 6, and Guardians Of The Galaxy, so shit could definitely end up being moved around, but this is my year end list out of everything I played this year:

#1: Ratchet And Clank: Rift Apart
    #2: PsychoNauts 2
    #3: Forza Horizon 5
    #4: Halo Infinite
    #5: Resident Evil Village

Honorable Mention: Bowser’s Fury

Honestly, Bowser’s Fury was some of the most fun shit I played all year, and I would actually give it prolly #2 or #3, but since it was an add-on for the Super Mario 3D World remake, it was more of a DLC than a full game. It’s over in 4-5 hours and that’s even including 100% completion. So to me, that feels like putting a 3 track EP on an albums of the year list, if that makes sense. The main Super Mario 3D World would make my top 5 since that was the first time I ever played it and never played the original, so it was brand new to me, but not gonna include a remaster since it’s technically not a 2021 game.
    I didnt play many new games this year TBH. 

1. Psychonauts 2 
    2. Halo Infinite
    3. Splitgate
    4. Mario 3D World: Bowser's Fury
    5. Pokemon Snap
    6. Mario Party Superstars
    7. Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl
    8. Dread X Collection: The Hunt 
    9. Bright Memory: Infinite
    10. EQI

Doom Eternal: The Ancient Gods Part 2 was my favorite new release overall, but it's an expansion not a new game. I guess Bowser's Fury technically is too, but it's so different from the base game, I consider it a new game.

I didnt finish Ratchet And Clank: Rift Apart, or Biomutant. I didn't get to playing Metroid Dread. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,400 spicy boy
    Probably something like

deathloop
    Ratchet and clank
    hitman 3

going to play psyconauts 2 soon. Maybe even today. 

Need to play kona bridge of spirits too

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,644 jayfacer
    Don't think I played a single new game this year. I pokemon'd the fuck out and replied Sun and Sword and completed the Poxedex in each. Replayed New Vegas and Outer Worlds. Spent some time online with Red Dead II, Modern Warfare 2019 and BF4. Replayed Cuphead for the umpteenth time as well as Shovel Knight. Think thats about it 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,644 jayfacer
    Oh played the shit out of the new Mario Party. 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    edited December 2021
    Best game I played that came out this year - Metroid Dread
    Best game I played this year regardless of release date - Tie between Breath of the Wild and Persona 5 Royal
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Infinite multi needs new maps asap. I don’t even dislike them, but there’s so few of them, definitely starts feeling repetitive real quick. If you remove the 4 Big Team Battle maps, there’s only 6 total in the game for the normal modes. That’s one area where the multi does definitely feel like a beta at the moment.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Idk if Ive played any new release this year other than Infinite. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    I don't think I've played a new release in like 3 years