Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,621 master of ceremonies
    I meant the TV lol. I only like playing the switch docked personally 
    I know you meant a tv. I was just saying a got a oled switch in here lol 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
    I played some mudrunner but it pissed me off that you couldn't use the side mirrors to see behind you in first person mode
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Also an oled boi here. Couldn't pass up trading in my og for 260 @ GameStop.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Just beat returnal, last boss was intense. Gonna play a bit more n see if I can get the secret ending. If not I'll start guardians of the galaxy
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    That kid that jus shot up his school played Fallout 4 so now these retards are tryna bring back that old tired ass argument and blame the violent video games lmao.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
    The insider report used a clip of Valentine quoting Oppenheimer "I am become death, destroyer of worlds" as evidence of it even though the quote is about nukes lmaooo
    I was so out of the loop on Halo Infinite. I didn’t even know that they switched to an open world format for the campaign until today when I saw IGN’s review lmao. Looks dope as fuck tho. Like I said, I don’t like the multiplayer at all, but I’m still really hype to play the campaign. Definitely downloading tonight on XGP. Don’t know if I’ll start it yet tho cause I’m still beating FH5.

Also, it’s pretty dope that a huge title like that is dropping on my birthday, especially since games don’t ever come out on Wednesdays in the first place lmao. Vanguard Season 1 starts tomorrow too.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    I hate they made it open world tbh. I dont want the Farcry experience, I want the Halo experience. We haven't had a good Halo in a decade. They did right with the multiplayer, but are immediately fucking it up with the campaign. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Idk that i even really consider it open world. Its basically still a room to room thing during the missions. 

Ill have to play it, but everything ive seen about the campaign has me feeling like ill be pretty disappointed with it. 
    Also the MP is good on the surface, but once you start playing and play for a couple days it gets really stale. So many things wrong from desync to just little lag that shouldn’t happen. 

Ive played the MP like 2 hours a day since it came out and rifht now its just a straight mess. 
    Yea, there are issues with it. But at least its better than Reach, 4, and 5 were mechanically
    Yeah totally. I do like it. Most of the things i am bitching about will be fixed, they just needed it to be out so they can tweak it. 

But the store is awful as well, and it is in desperate in need of content. 
    Aight I lied about Infinite’s multiplayer.

Was finishing camo grinding for SMGs on Vanguard and was exhausted by that game by the end of it so I switched to Infinite for the fuck of it and it jus “clicked” this time. Immediately carried the team 4 times in a row right from the first game lmao. I think I mighta went into it the last time over expecting it to be a COD clone. So everything threw me off. But once you play it as it’s own separate thing, it’s a different ballgame. The high TTK adds a different element to the gunfights.

There’s flaws, obviously, and being able to at least select what game mode you want to play NEEDS to be implemented, but overall I do like it now. Definitely a nice alternative to Vanguard because that game is a 24/7 nonstop sweatfest and there’s no such thing as casual laid back play time on that game smh.
    I don’t like Ranked as much tho. Not even cause it’s sweatier, the Battle Rifle is jus straight up ass. I don’t like burst fire even in COD, so I hate how that’s the mandated weapon in Ranked.
    The BR is one of the most disappointing parts of the game lol. They took the weapon everyone loves and made it straight ass.

were not playing ranked roght now, because matchmaking is fucked. You get put 4v2 or 3 a lot. 
    My main issue is the maps. Bazaar is literally the only single map that has any kind of character to it. It feels like a lived in, real environment, whereas all the other maps literally feel like arenas made specifically for a shooting game lmao. If that makes sense. The layouts and all that are decent enough, but aesthetic does matter too.
    edited December 2021
    Nah BR slaps. Always has, always will

Bazaar is the worst map though. Behemoth is the best map, or any of the BTB maps
    I don’t like or play Warzone, but tried the new map jus because since it’s new.

Holy fuck the graphics are horrendous lmfao. Literally look like a PS3 game and easily the worst of the year. The effort put into that game is pathetic. It’s free so they jus mail it in lmfao.