Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
    Finally got a new laptop. What PC games should I get? Preferably indie games of any type or strategy 
    Game pass for PC has all the Age of Empires. Was fucking up some AoE II the other night
    Finally got a new laptop. What PC games should I get? Preferably indie games of any type or strategy 
    Indies: Hollow Knight, Dusk, Amid Evil, Ion Fury, The Citadel, Hedon, Payday 2, Killing Floor 2, Dread X Collections

Strategy: Age Of Empires (4 just came out), Halo Wars is pretty good - yet simplistic, Warcraft 3 (get the original version, not Reforged - I can help if you need it), Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, Star Wars: Empire At War

other Star Wars: original Battlefront 2 (mods are amazing on it), Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series

also any retro FPS. Especially DOOM Eternal. 

Also add me on shit:
    Steam: Nidstang
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/thenidstang/

GOG: Metalcrusades

Xbox/Gamepass: Nidstang3658

Added you on xbox
    I'll cop the GTA trilogy in a year when its $20 and the bugs are fixed
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Metroid Dread is kicking my ass, but it's a fantastic game. Really wish I had played Fusion back in the GBA days.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    edited November 2021
    Anybody have a racing wheel? Wanna cop one before I play Forza and jus for racing games in general, but not sure which one to get. Don’t need one of the super high end $1K+ ones, but also don’t want a budget one. Don’t know which one to grab tho.
    Finished PsychoNauts 2, still gotta get all the collectibles for the rest of the achievements, but finished the campaign.

2nd best game of the year, only behind Ratchet And Clank. Definitely the most creative tho, level design was fucking incredible, point blank period. 10/10
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,202 mod
    Metroid Dread is kicking my ass, but it's a fantastic game. Really wish I had played Fusion back in the GBA days.
    Playing through Fusion now and it’s great

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Anybody have a racing wheel? Wanna cop one before I play Forza and jus for racing games in general, but not sure which one to get. Don’t need one of the super high end $1K+ ones, but also don’t want a budget one. Don’t know which one to grab tho.
    That’s probably a waste of money to be honest. Forza is made with the controller in mind. Forza horizons 4 didn’t have great wheel support and im sure this one wont either.

If you want a racing wheel, its best to get a PC and play a racing sim or something. 
    Ill let you do the research and lmk what you get so I can copy lol
    edited November 2021
    Xeno said:
    Ill let you do the research and lmk what you get so I can copy lol
    I ended up copping the Logitech G920. The PlayStation equivalent is the G29 and both models also work on PC. It’s $250. Seemed like the best option available in the price range because there’s not too many as it is lmao. You have a couple budget ones for about $100, a couple at the $200-$300 range, and then everything else is $400-$500 and up. In this range there’s really only this model or the Thrustmaster TMX. The TMX is like $200 but why I chose the Logitech is the fact that the TMX is plastic and rubber and the Logitech is metal and leather, so jus overall better construction, plus I saw in pretty much all reviews that the pedals on the TMX are cheap as fuck. Only real criticism I could find about the Logitech is that the brake pedal is pretty stiff, and that the wheel itself has a smaller diameter, so it feels more toy-like in comparison to some of the “pro” wheels.

The G920 is harder to find now because they’re tryna phase it out. There’s a new model called the G923, but it’s $150 more, at $400. I looked up a side by side and it’s literally the exact same wheel as the G920, and the only thing that seemed to be added was “TrueForce”, which is basically extra vibration. Everything else is the same. I’m not paying $150 more jus for extra vibration, so I’m cool wit the G920. Both have the same force feedback.
    That’s probably a waste of money to be honest. Forza is made with the controller in mind. Forza horizons 4 didn’t have great wheel support and im sure this one wont either.

If you want a racing wheel, its best to get a PC and play a racing sim or something. 
    5 supports the wheel I ended up getting and I watched multiple gameplay videos of it using wheels and it seemed butter smooth so it looked good enough to me. Plus it’s not jus for Forza, I’m jus locked to copping all racing games for Xbox now lol but I’ll use it for the next Need For Speed and what not as well.
    Yeah let me know. I considered it. 
    Halo Infinite would be considered absolute dog shit if it wasn’t free lmao. I’m having fun here and there but it’s so ass. 

NOCAP said:
    Halo Infinite would be considered absolute dog shit if it wasn’t free lmao. I’m having fun here and there but it’s so ass. 
    Yup. Minus the having fun part cause nothing about that garbage is fun to me. I’m glad it was free and I didn’t waste any money cause I woulda been heated.
    Only game mode I fuck with is ranked cause at least I see some progress. This battle pass shit is lame af

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    It's better than Halo Reach, 4, and 5 IMO, but NOWHERE near as good as Halo 2 or 3. There is a lot of hype right now because it's a new Halo and it's actually good - 4 and 5 were ASS. 

But long term I see people returning to MCC once the hype for Infinite dies down. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    I have no interest in mcc

the game plays great. Everything people are complaining about will be fixed .

i like it because its so much harder than cod. It takes skill to get good at. 
    Xbox’s cloud service works 1000x better than PlayStation Now’s streaming

Just got the halo Xbox series x at Meijer

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    Im liking Halo Wars 2 but the enemies special abilities in campaign are OP as fuck. Can literally wipe out like half my forces in 5 seconds. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?