Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Surprising they didn't upgrade the specs other than the handheld screen and storage, but I really haven't had any gripes about how the Switch looks on my 4K TV. You can tell it's not PS5 quality, but it's plenty good enough. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    I figured they werent going to do a Switch Pro type thing. More of a 3DS XL vs 3DS thing. Just bigger. 

At least I dont feel the need to upgrade now. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,404 spicy boy
    Surprising they didn't upgrade the specs other than the handheld screen and storage, but I really haven't had any gripes about how the Switch looks on my 4K TV. You can tell it's not PS5 quality, but it's plenty good enough. 
    Yeah ive just been holding out picking up a docking switch until this was announced. I’ll probably grab a current version now. 

My son has one and we have a lite as well, but the kids are always on those. I need a man cave switch. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Yeah if I already had a switch I'd be disappointed but Vic has fully stolen the lite I got a few months ago so I'll pick up the OLED when it drops lol
    Yeah ive just been holding out picking up a docking switch until this was announced. I’ll probably grab a current version now. 

My son has one and we have a lite as well, but the kids are always on those. I need a man cave switch. 
    I mean I'd still go for the newer one, the analog stick drift is real
    I’ll probably never really use the joycons myself. Id mostly be playing with a pro controller or whatever else
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Nah fuck Nintendo for that one that shit is garbage. Instead of doing an actual pro version like literally everybody has been asking for, you jus update the mobile screen when a lotta people don’t even play in handheld mode. Hard pass.
    Im glad they didnt do a Pro tbh. 

They already have to have every game optimized twice as is. Needing another two for the pro would be a nightmare. Plus I always feel like these pro consoles fuck early adopters. 
     Plus I always feel like these pro consoles fuck early adopters. 
    Fuck outta here with that. Nobody gets updated hardware because some people will be salty? Nobody is making anyone buy a console at launch. The company isn't striding into your game room and taking a baseball bat to your console. The difference in quality between the og Xbox One and the Xbox One S is substantial
    Xeno said:
     Plus I always feel like these pro consoles fuck early adopters. 
    Fuck outta here with that. Nobody gets updated hardware because some people will be salty? Nobody is making anyone buy a console at launch. The company isn't striding into your game room and taking a baseball bat to your console. The difference in quality between the og Xbox One and the Xbox One S is substantial
    Did I say that nobody should get it because I will be salty? I just dont personally like the practice.

Nintendo's been doing it since the NES top loader, so its nothing new. I dont ever upgrade unless I need to (like if my console dies), but I do feel like I miss out on features, and it sucks. 

• Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Kishi bros rise up.
    Just got the xbox branded one for $66. Really happy that it fits my phone. Spent a bunch of searching if did but all I could find was that it was incompatible cuz it was to thicc for the recommended dimensions. It ended up fitting perfectly with no wobble.
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Don't think I'm gonna get the OLED switch unless mine breaks or the battery shits itself. Nintendo did this with 3ds where they released the XL then later released the new3ds. I used my og 3ds until new3ds came out by then the battery could barely hold a charge.
    Limited Run is killing me 

What did you order?
    I just got my no more heroes collectors editions. Still waiting on scott pilgrim
    What did you order?
    I just got my no more heroes collectors editions. Still waiting on scott pilgrim
    most recent one was Blaster Master Zero 3 and the slipcase

I just got the standard No Mo Heroes in. 

Still waiting on Republic Commando collectors edition, Shantae Gameboy collectors edition and all the Shantae Switch games because they're on the same order (and Might Gunvolt Burst), and the Mega Man Wiley Wars Sega Genesis collectors edition
    Last of us tv show :!!!!!
    Lonely mountain downhill is pretty fun. Perfect pick up n play. Gotta set up psplay so I can stream my ps5
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Sony sent me back a brand new controller again for that PS5 controller I sent in wit the fucked up battery. I’ll give em that. This shit should be lasting way longer for the price and how far along we are in technology, but it’s nice to see they’re honoring them wit brand new replacements.
    Finally got the string it together trophy in sackboy. Managed under 9 minutes