Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Books Thread

MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
I seem to remember there was a "What Are You Reading Right Now?" thread, but I can't find it. So yea... books. 
Do You Like Hurting Other People?

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    edited January 2021
    Anyways, did anybody here read the Batimaeus Trilogy back in the day? I was looking at my book shelf just now, and saw them, and was like "oh yea, those books were awesome". I barely remember them right now, so I might re-read, though they're probably super YA. I remember those books, and Artemis Fowl were my favorite fantasy books as a kid before I discovered Lord of the Rings. 

Anyways, I remember there were rumors of a Bartimaeus Trilogy movie back in the day. Seems that's dead now. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    I made a new years resolution to read at least a book a month in 2021. Reading the new Star Wars Thrawn Trilogy, but might switch it up next month. I bought Books of Blood by Clive Barker which is a collection of his short stories including the inspiration for the Candyman and Midnight Meat Train movies. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,400 spicy boy
    I have been trying to get back into reading before bed instead of looking at my phone. 

Currently looking around for the Dean koontz frankestein series. I read the first one or two years ago, and then the series hit a deadlock as the next book took a while to come out. 

I need to pick those up. Most of what ive read from koontz has been lit. 
    Just subscribed to Audible. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Just read the latest david baldacci book- it was pretty average 

The greg hurwitz orphan series is a great read 
    Whats gonna be your first book? 
    I have been trying to get back into reading before bed instead of looking at my phone. 

Currently looking around for the Dean koontz frankestein series. I read the first one or two years ago, and then the series hit a deadlock as the next book took a while to come out. 

I need to pick those up. Most of what ive read from koontz has been lit. 
    :? Never heard of these
    edited January 2021
    Whats gonna be your first book? 
    went with Heir To The Empire, since my free audio book stopped at chapter 4. I bought it on Kindle too (it was $3), and its really cool the Audible and Kindle version are synced. So I can listen on my way to/from work, and read on my phone in bed, and they'll sync where I left off. 
    Damn thats awesome. I didn't know it synced 
    Damn thats awesome. I didn't know it synced 
    you have to make sure they're the "same version" or it won't work. But if you check on Amazon, it will tell you if they're compatible or not. Not every book is, but many are. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    Holler if you want the next book as a free gift, or a different one. You only get one free gift ever through Audible. 

Currently on the Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson. 11/10 would recommend, although perhaps start with the Mistborn series first. It’s all in the same universe. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Holler if you want the next book as a free gift, or a different one. You only get one free gift ever through Audible. 

Currently on the Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson. 11/10 would recommend, although perhaps start with the Mistborn series first. It’s all in the same universe. 
    can you, like, add friends through Audible or something? 
    Not sure how it works tbh. Tapping the 3 dots next to the title name gives me an option to “send this book”  I just tried sending it through fb messenger lol. See if you got it (probably in the attempted messages folder)
    Bought a couple more Star Wars books, my girl and I have been binging them lately. Bought

Master and Apprentice (Obi Wan and Qui Gon prequel)
    Dark Disciple (Ventress and Quinlon Voss)
    Lords of the Sith (Vader and Palpatine)
    Queens Shadow (Amidala) 
    High Republic: Light of the Jedi
    Alphabet Squadron 

You need Plageuis if you haven’t already. Best of them all. Also some Darth Bane and Revan. Qui-Gon book was great. Kinda sad lol. The Tarkin book was also good, and had a quick line in it about him once beating a wookiee in a fight, but I never found another reference or the details to that event. The others I haven’t read or it’s been so long I’ve forgotten them. I might have the Dark Disciple one as well. 

Started Thrawn Ascendency. The Chiss Skywalkers were a big part of the Thrawn Alliances book.   Good so far, was hoping for more Eli Vanto though. 
    edited January 2021
    Finished Heir To The Empire last night
    Going to start Dark Force Rising Sunday 

As far as Star Wars, after that on my list:
    The Last Command
    Darth Plagueis
    The rest of The Republic Commando books
    The Thrawn duology
    The Darth Bane Trilogy 
    The X-Wing series
    Death Troopers
    The New Jedi Order series
    Star Wars: Allegiance 
    The Old Republic series

I also want to get some of the Lord of the Rings side stories I've never read. 

Also got an ad for this Seraphim Revival series I'm kind of interested in. It's a mecha book. Sounds cool. But I have so much other shit I need to read, I may wait on that. 
    edited January 2021
    Y’all need to get with The Cosmere. Best universe out there rn and will be going on for decades yet. 
    You need Plageuis if you haven’t already. Best of them all. Also some Darth Bane and Revan. Qui-Gon book was great. Kinda sad lol. The Tarkin book was also good, and had a quick line in it about him once beating a wookiee in a fight, but I never found another reference or the details to that event. The others I haven’t read or it’s been so long I’ve forgotten them. I might have the Dark Disciple one as well. 

Started Thrawn Ascendency. The Chiss Skywalkers were a big part of the Thrawn Alliances book.   Good so far, was hoping for more Eli Vanto though. 
    Tarkin is on my list I've heard good things. I'll have to get Plageuis too. Thrawn Ascendancy is fantastic. Book 2 comes out in April

The Last Command
    Darth Plagueis
    The Thrawn duology
    The Darth Bane Trilogy 
    The X-Wing series
    Death Troopers
    The Old Republic series

Also got an ad for this Seraphim Revival series I'm kind of interested in. It's a mecha book. Sounds cool. But I have so much other shit I need to read, I may wait on that. 
    There's a Darth Bane trilogy?! 

The Last Command
    Darth Plagueis
    The Thrawn duology
    The Darth Bane Trilogy 
    The X-Wing series
    Death Troopers
    The Old Republic series

There's a Darth Bane trilogy?! 
    yessir

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Darth_Bane_Trilogy