Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    So you say I should buy it?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    edited October 2020
    Oh fuck Sackboy is a full fledged campaign without a creation mode? That’s what I always wanted out of LBP. I mean creation mode doesn’t have to be gone, but I never used it, so I always hated how the “campaigns” in LBP were jus a tacked on 1-2 hour lil demo and nothing more. The fact there’s finally a full campaign in that universe is so dope. That jus might be a release day cop now when I grab my PS5.
    All of the games had full campaigns

2 and 3 even have full cutscenes  
    Yes but barely. I don’t think I ever even played 3 but I played the first 2 and in both, the campaigns were less than 3 hours max. And I jus YouTube’d the third’s campaign and the full playthrough is like 3:21. As I said, they more or less served as tacked on demo modes, wit the main focus being the creation mode. Not that there’s anything wrong wit that, same thing when it comes to Super Mario Maker, it’s jus not my type of game.

So seeing that Sackboy is a full fledged campaign in the LBP world has me super hype, cause that’s what I always wanted out of those games.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    Yes. I’d hit up some Facebook groups first though lol. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    So you say I should buy it?

Is it gonna lose value if you open it and play it? If you can have it, keep it, and flip it later you’re not really losing out on anything. Is the price likely to continue to rise? If so get it before it inflates even more. Plus if you have it you can stream it and make videos about it. Other people who want it but can’t have it will probably eat those videos up. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Bro honestly once you hit like the halfway point or so of Crash 4, it becomes the most unenjoyable game I’ve played this year. And I use that word because it’s not technically a bad game and it wouldn’t be correct to call it that, but they focused on challenge over fun to the point that the game becomes a fucking chore to play. 

I’m 33 hours in and still got like 12 or 13 levels left and I haven’t even been going for perfect relics. Simply jus getting all 6 gems on each level and haven’t even touched the N. Verted levels (Other than when a couple gems are also needed from N. Verted to unlock the skins.)

I’m at a point where I jus want the game over and I know I will never touch this again a day in my life. The fun factor is gone and it jus feels punishing to the point that it doesn’t even feel rewarding to suffer thru it and eventually pull off a level. 

I know I’m making it harder by going for the gems instead of simply jus running thru and beating the levels, but something won’t allow me to do that, since it’s removing over 50% of the game if you do that.

Crash as a series is notoriously hard, but this is jus unfair and is by far the hardest in the entire series. This game is like if you took Stormy Ascent, and made it a fucking POINT to make the entire game that ridiculously hard for no reason.

Shit like this is exactly why I avoid bullshit like Dark Souls, Cuphead, Super Meat Boy, etc., but it seems like the popularity of shit like that made Toys For Bob aim to make a game exactly like those instead of focusing on fun factor, which should always be number one priority when it comes to platformers. It’s exactly why Mario will forever hold the crown, even tho it has it’s fair share of difficulty as well.
    Play Mario 35 instead then. It’s free*(with Nintendo Online) fun, and awesome. 

35 people playing at the same time (Similar setup to Tetris 99) Kill enemies for extra time. Every enemy you kill also gets sent to someone else’s screen. 

So much fun. Fuck grinding a game out just to say I did it. 
    Not even. There’s been quite a few this year that I gave 6/7/8 and said they were average/slightly above. A few that were amazing, and then this is really the only one I’ve talked so negatively about as far as what I’ve played this year.
    In this case tho it’s not an exaggeration at all. The other day I literally stood up and shut the PS4 off in the middle of a level and said fuck it. First time I rage quit in years. Game is fucking exhausting.
    And it sucks because my initial reaction still stands even now. I was having such a blast wit the game. And then you get past the halfway point and they crank up the difficulty so hard that it jus becomes intolerable. Every single level past the midway point feels like endgame difficulty smh.
    Pulled the trigger on a Pirate's Curse for $250... $100 more than I wanted to pay. But it's just going up and up, and the pool of games is getting smaller, so I just bought it. 

Now to see if I win this bid for Seven Sirens I got going right now, and I'll be all set. 

Good thing I have an extra $500 ish coming in from recording jobs this month. 
    Nice. Good call. 
    Nice. Good call. 
    I’ll for sure watch a video for it if you put one out. Great click bait title for it too; I spent $250 on a video game!!! 😱😱
    I’ll for sure watch a video for it if you put one out. Great click bait title for it too; I spent $250 on a video game!!! 😱😱
    Nahhhh
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,403 spicy boy
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Finished Doom Eternal and wow this game was intense. The speed, gunplay, graphics, music, and exploration are great. But there were some small issues I had. Aiming isn't the best with a controller especially when going for weak points. Doom guy feels weaker than in 2016. Theres a few spots where the platforming is a bit wonky. And the last thing is the last 2 bosses are annoying.

9/10
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket