Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    I’m slowly working my my through it. Beautiful game so far. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    If anyone can help me find Shantae and the Seven Sirens, and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse hardcopy for Switch, that doesnt cost me $300+, I'd love you forever. 
    Limited Run is starting to ship out 7 sirens, so best buy should be getting some soon. Good luck with pirates curse
    I checked Best Buy today, they told me they had no idea what I was talking about :/ 
    I think they get their shipment after limited run fulfills their orders first. Mine still hasn't shipped but ordered the collectors edition
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    If anyone can help me find Shantae and the Seven Sirens, and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse hardcopy for Switch, that doesnt cost me $300+, I'd love you forever. 
    Limited Run is starting to ship out 7 sirens, so best buy should be getting some soon. Good luck with pirates curse
    I checked Best Buy today, they told me they had no idea what I was talking about :/ 
    I think they get their shipment after limited run fulfills their orders first. Mine still hasn't shipped but ordered the collectors edition
    They responded to me on Twitter that Best Buy is getting them. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    So is it out yet? I ain’t wasting my time. 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,644 jayfacer
    358/2 Days is boring as sin. I love the organization but why did they stuff 30 hours worth of shit in a maximum 10 hour game? I'm on like mission 56 and there's 93 fucking missions in this game
    I've also grown a surprising amount of frustration towards anything that involves people sitting down and eating ice cream i get it ffs does that have to play after i do anything?
    Beat 358/2 Days. Kind of a rough one. Third game into my full series playthrough and it's exactly middle right now. The game play was repetitive as fuck and insanely mind numbing. Its fun for like 6 of the 23 hours I spent on it. That being said, if they had just cut the damn filler out (good God, the Disney worlds absolutely did not need to be here) this would be one of the most interesting stories of the series. I love the organization and I loved Roxas, Xion and Axel in this. The end was a feels trip too up until the ice cream line because i almost shit my pants laughing. It makes sense in context but what a stupid fucking line =)). Overall, not bad not great and frustrating in alot of spots just like Chain Of Memories. Worth the one play through though. 3 down, like 6 to go. Short break before I move onto Kingdom Hearts II but I am so hyped to replay that it's literally been like a decade. 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    Been playing the hell out of Mario 35. (Free download with Nintendo online)
    Great twist on the most classic game of all time. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Im only about 2.5 hours in to GoT, but i can already tell im going to love this game. The combat (so far) is pretty standard button massing batman/spiderman stule, but its fun as fuck. 

And the approach to story telling is really making me invested. Pumped to play through it. I actually have a long night of nothing to do tonight before going to Kentucky tomorrow so im hype to get 4-5 hours in. 
    Is it the arctic 7’s that yall love? 
    GoT is phenomenal, but the camera is absolute ass. So bad that it almost makes me not want to keep playing, but the story and gameplay are too fun to put it down for that reason. 

Thats really the only complaint i have about the game though. I guess you could say that the horse riding wasn’t that well done, but thats a minor gripe : everything else is great. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    Camera is supposed to be free flowing since you’re fitting a lot of enemies at once. Once you get the hang of it and start getting all the stances, weapons, and projectiles it gets better. I hated it at first as well but got use to it and didn’t even notice after awhile 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    Is it the arctic 7’s that yall love? 
    Arctis pro with gamedac is the one but it’s wired. The other one is the pro wireless 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    GameDAC alone makes the wired Pro the supreme model tho.
    Nerds are losing their minds and sending Insomniac death threats cause they changed Peter Parker’s face for the PS5 remaster of Spider Man lmao. He looks more like Tom Holland now.
    LMAO 

I’m not mad at it, it’s jus weird and jarring and honestly seems unnecessary. Especially cause of their reasoning. They said as they move forward into PS5 technology, they need more realistic facial models and wanted it to more closely resemble the actual facial actor, but yet in the new trailer Doc Ock looks the exact same and wasn’t changed. If you wanted it to look more like Tom Holland so that it sells more off that MCU stimulus then jus say that then. And it shoulda been done from the beginning. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Oh fuck Sackboy is a full fledged campaign without a creation mode? That’s what I always wanted out of LBP. I mean creation mode doesn’t have to be gone, but I never used it, so I always hated how the “campaigns” in LBP were jus a tacked on 1-2 hour lil demo and nothing more. The fact there’s finally a full campaign in that universe is so dope. That jus might be a release day cop now when I grab my PS5.
    Oh fuck Sackboy is a full fledged campaign without a creation mode? That’s what I always wanted out of LBP. I mean creation mode doesn’t have to be gone, but I never used it, so I always hated how the “campaigns” in LBP were jus a tacked on 1-2 hour lil demo and nothing more. The fact there’s finally a full campaign in that universe is so dope. That jus might be a release day cop now when I grab my PS5.
    All of the games had full campaigns

2 and 3 even have full cutscenes  
    LMAO 

I’m not mad at it, it’s jus weird and jarring and honestly seems unnecessary. Especially cause of their reasoning. They said as they move forward into PS5 technology, they need more realistic facial models and wanted it to more closely resemble the actual facial actor, but yet in the new trailer Doc Ock looks the exact same and wasn’t changed. If you wanted it to look more like Tom Holland so that it sells more off that MCU stimulus then jus say that then. And it shoulda been done from the beginning. 🤷🏻‍♂️
    they said it was to look more like the voice actor. It doesnt remotely look like the VA. And if they wanted it to look like the VA, then use the VA for the face capture :| 

He looks wayyyy too young now. Miles looks older than him. 
    Ebay prices for Shantae games are fucked up

Seven Sirens cracking over $100 now, and Pirate's Curse averaging $200-300. Im so mad I snoozed on these and missed the preorders. 

Im hoping Best Buy gets Seven Sirens. I'll probably nevet get Pirate's Curse at this point...