Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Coronavirus/Covid-19

Comments

• XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Warehouse? Did you switch to something local?
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,644 jayfacer
    Xeno said:
    Warehouse? Did you switch to something local?
     My company (Schneider) is/was shit. I did my year with them and bounced. I was driving between 2200-2400 miles a week working 60+ hours and making like $350 a week. Legitimately less than flipping burgers at my job before that. Unfortunately, not many are gonna look at you after only a year, because most people want 2 years accident free. Thankfully, I had no accidents but it was still difficult. So my cousin was telling me about an opportunity with Amazon. They want you basically to start from scratch and have 2 and a half years accident free before you start with them. But they told me if I work for a year in the warehouse, they'll drop the year and a half and I can start driving with them. I'm in month 7 at the warehouse so it ain't too bad and I'm making $17 an hour which is more than I've made hourly anywhere before that. They're one of the few that still pay by the mile and hourly. Plus their benefits package is incredible for their truckers. It's pretty amazing now just in the warehouse way better and cheaper than mine were through Schneider. My uncle is an owner/operater so every here and there I'll take a run from and make a quick $400. Mostly North Carolina because he hates going there lol but I did alot of runs there through Schneider so I don't mind. The three days off with Amazon is super beneficial when I want to take a gig. 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's on sight if I ever catch you in NC 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Ah gotcha, yeah I was told to avoid Schneider by multiple people so I didnt even bother applying with them. Steven's was gonna be ass so I sort of lucked out they sent me home. The CO DMVs are supposed to be back open monday so once I have my CDL I have a regional account lined up with Werner. On paper it's supposed to pay a lot more than normal OTR but involves unloading at retail locations, we'll see how it works out. Either way I'm still doing OTR training in someone else's truck for a couple months lmao
    Yeah they payed for my CDL so it was alot easier to just jump into a job with them than fine something from scratch lol I didn't hear all the negative reviews about them til after I got the job haha oh well. Hind sight is everything and at the end of the day I still got my CDL for free. 
    It's on sight if I ever catch you in NC 
     If I ever catch you in NC I'm raping you instead of paying for a lot lizard. 
    You wont do nothin. I keep my shit clenched.
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I'm so sick of hearing people bitch about this virus, how everything's closed for no reason, this virus isnt that bad, etc..that I just want the whole US to open back up. Same hours, same shit as how life was months ago. 
    imageimage
    a) Do you have a job?
    b) If yes, did you lose your job?
    c) How much longer do you want everything to stay closed?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    Tbh, we shouldn't have closed shit. Just let this thing blow through the whole US like a hurricane. You died from it? Knew someone that did? Well people die every day so who tf cares? Y'all would get over it
    imageimage
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    I just got time off. I could use another couple weeks. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    I was out of work for a month and a half. My boss even gave me the option of coming back last week or stay home and collect unemployment. I couldn't do it tho. I never even filed. Also I make a lot more than 600 a week so fuck unemployment.
    It’s not just the $600, pretty sure it’s 60% of your wage + $600 a week extra. 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Yeah, my dad gets the max on unemployment which is like 360 without taking taxes out then 600 on top of it. 
    That's fucking ridiculous. People aren't gonna wanna go back to work after all this. Lazy fucks.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,202 mod
    Yeah I’m not happy bout people collecting 900 from the couch 

The gov should be giving me 600 a week for being a real one and going back to work while all these cocksucks are sitting at home not doing a goddamn thing. 
    You should have took it when you were unemployed. That’s what it’s for. There no prize or moral high ground for not utilizing it. 
  • LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,050 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah I’ve been making more on unemployment this month then I would have working at my job. I do agree that everyone should be getting the $600 a week and not just people on unemployment. 

The NH Governor is deciding tomorrow if business will be starting to open again on Monday. Kind of a short notice honestly so I’m thinking he will delay it again.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.