Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY FLOATS MY BOAT

Comments

• nohohanknohohank Posts: 248 juggalo
    edited November 2019
    \m/ to being in control of your finances. You know the one thing I’ve decided lately is it doesn’t so much matter how much you make as long as you understand how to budget and set yourself up to live way below your means. That’s one thing I’ve learned since my divorce and it sure is a big stress relief having financial freedom and being smart about it. 

I feel bad for laughing, especially because the message for the most part is so supportive but 

That’s one thing I’ve learned since my divorce

I fucking knew halfway through the second  sentence that THIS was going to come up 
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah it’s funny. 

A couple months ago I was talking to my ex about her son who is getting ready to go to college. I told her that she needs to encourage him to go into EE or CS because he has the aptitude for it and with my connections I could easily get him a job After college making 70k to start. She says “no. I want him to be happy so I am encouraging him to go into directing so he can be YouTube star. Money isn’t everything. Case in point I have no problems making ends meet” 

it was so hard to not spout back “bitch! That’s because I pay you 35k per year that you pay no taxes on! Your son isn’t going to have some chump fund his life via a court ordered support bill like you”

Like I said it doesn’t much matter how much you make as long as you live well below your means and save hard. Making 2k a month? Get 4 roommates and eat cheap. I’m not saying don’t be smart about things and try to make as much as you can... just don’t spend everything you make. Living month to month sucks 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    Alimony is a crime and is archaic and needs to be abolished. No reason a fit working woman should still be getting money from her ex husband in 2019. 

Where you at with that feminists? Oh wait
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    That’s the one nice thing about my ex... she didn’t ask for any Alimony. (Probably because she already had plans to get remarried and Alimony stops with a new marriage). I only pay child support which is all a formula based on how much you make and not based on what kids actually require. Child support should be more of a fixed number and not percentage base. My ex will be so fucked when child support runs out. Not my problem though 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    This is a legit CarMax commercial I'm dying =)https://youtu.be/v5g9ZJMAo10
    Took my first vacation in a few years

Was in southern Illinois for a three day Dog Fashion Disco concert. Im not really into them, but my brother really is so I took him for a birthday gift. Spending the night in Indianapolis. Then off to Nashville for three days. 
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Fuck yeah live it up 
    Im so drunk
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Yea that
    Fuuuuck
    Its been 6 days of spending wayyy too much money, getting drunk, eating too much food, and not getting enough sleep, but its my last day away from home. Still have off until Sunday though, but I gotta get some editing done for my recoeding job. In fact I gotta do some today too 

Last night we went to Coyote Ugly, planning to stay an hour or two, and ended up staying like six. Bartenders were hot af and overall vibe was a lot of fun. Spent way too much money though... 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
    RHCP and Foo Fighters headlining Boston Calling this year. Here's hoping that means theres a solid amount of rock bands on the undercard too.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,646 jayfacer
    A job I haven't worked at since I started driving just dropped $200 in my account for no reason lmao 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yo ordering groceries is sick. I'm never leaving my house again unless it's for work.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,646 jayfacer
    Damn I bet Cheeze got laid before MC

Everyone in the world is gonna get laid before me. Hop off cock. 
     :(
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Happy new years fags