Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    My Curse was a bonus because of GH, yeah  but who knows if that opportunity would've come up if EOAH never happened. 
    inb4lists
    Goddamn, that Celtic Frost set was incredible 
    inb4lists
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    ... said:
    They would not be as big as they are without that song, and I suppose the Holy Diver cover. 
    Both sung by Howard :-? 
    And 
    inb4lists
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    Fuck, Meshuggah fucking killed it. I didn’t even pay attention to Black Dahlia Murder, so I don’t know the set. 

Pravus
    Born In Dissonance
    The Hurt That Finds You First
    Rational Gaze
    Future Breed Machine
    Stengah
    Straws Pulled At Random
    Clockworks
    Violent Sleep of Reason
    Lethargica
    Bleed
    Demiurge
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Still gonna try and catch the boston show of that tour since I'm missing sonic temple
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The last two days have been absolutely beautiful. I've gone through so much bullshit this year and I've been looking forward to these two shows all year and it was all worth it. I'll start with Korn and AIC 

So I don't feel like I need to defend Duvall, but I heard people bitching about it all day. To quote Jobe "Layne chose heroin." I love Layne's vocals as well, but Duvall does such a fantastic job with all the old materiel and sounds great on the new shit. Loved it. This was my second time seeing them after my introduction at NI and while they're not much visually, they bring the house down. 

Alice In Chains Set
    1. Angry Chair
    2. Man In The Box 
    3. Check My Brain 
    4. Again
    5. Them Bones 
    6. Dam That River 
    7. Stone 
    8. Rainier Fog 
    9. No Excuses 
    10. Nutshell 
    11. Rain When I Die 
    12. We Die Young 
    13. The One You Know 
    14. Would? 
    15. Rooster 
    Korn is obviously one of my favorite bands of all time (top 3 easy), said it a bunch and I will continue to do so. Again, I don't know what I can really say that I haven't. I get such a joy from watching them every single time. Simply put, they just go hard and it's a blast. Wednesday was time number 8 and if they were gonna be back tomorrow, I'd go again. Couple fun set surprises. Divine was nice and random. First time I've ever seen them do Twisted Transistor which was great. The transition from the first verse/chorus of Coming Undone into the chorus of We Will Rock You then right back into Coming Undone was sick, put a huge smile on my face. More Issues tracks is always appreciated and I was soo satisfied to see them go back to the full version of Somebody Someone (a couple of times they'd play it to the first chorus and stop). Enjoyed every second of it. 

Korn Set:

1.) Here To Stay 
    2.) Blind 
    3.) Divine 
    4.) Rotting In Vain 
    5.) You'll Never Find Me 
    6.) Twisted Transistor 
    7.) Shoots & Ladders/One 
    8.) Got The Life 
    9.) Make Me Bad 
    10.) Somebody Someone 
    11.) Freak On A Leash 
    12.) 4 U 
    13.) Twist 
    15.) Coming Undone/We Will Rock You 
    16.) Falling Away From Me 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Barely missed out on a Steve Harris sweatband tonight, Jagbag caught the other one of the pair, but I got a Nicko drumstick tonight, so not bad. Round 3 Saturday. I could probably see this show at every date the rest of the tour and not get sick of it. It really doesn't get any better.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Fucking awesome that you guys had such a great time at these shows. And so cool that you could share it with your bros Dime. That experience and memory will last you a lifetime. Great work on scoring the drumstick Jay.. .I'm envious !
    Barely missed out on a Steve Harris sweatband tonight, Jagbag caught the other one of the pair, but I got a Nicko drumstick tonight, so not bad. Round 3 Saturday. I could probably see this show at every date the rest of the tour and not get sick of it. It really doesn't get any better.
     For real dude. Like they're obviously amazing but this tour is on a whole other level. Congrats and good luck Saturday! Score some extra pics so you could send me one lol 
    Gnomez said:
    Fucking awesome that you guys had such a great time at these shows. And so cool that you could share it with your bros Dime. That experience and memory will last you a lifetime. Great work on scoring the drumstick Jay.. .I'm envious !
     Thank you, sir! It most definitely will. They are on some next level shit this tour haha 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    We're planning to be on Dave and Adrian's side so there will be pick opportunities. Janick hardly throws anything but the other two are fairly generous. I got a Dave pick in Cincy so I need at least one Adrian pick.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Best of luck bro 
    3/23 - As I Lay Dying w/ Phinehas, Currents
    4/6 - Baroness w/ Deafheaven, Zeal & Ardor
    6/6 - Mastodon w/ Coheed and Cambria, Every Time I Die
    8/3 - Iron Maiden
    8/27 - Slipknot w/ Gojira, Behemoth

Next show is Black Label Society/The Black Dahlia Murder next month. Gonna be my last show for the forseeable future because going on the road the following month. Gonna try and get my friend to drive so I can get blackout drunk wooo
    edited October 2019
    Wound up having to skip BLS TBDM cuz of money. Just caught day one of Rock and Shock at The Palladium cuz a friend was visiting from out of town. I've seen NEMF here before where they combine tours for a fest but they opened that mad early to accomodate. Doors for this opened at 5 and we got here at 7:30 so shit has been mad weird.

Caught Revocation playing The Outer Ones right away, moshed my ass off and by the end got punished for being so out of shape. Got the worst cramp of my life in my calf and had to hobble out at the end. After recovering went upstairs and watched Conjurer and Skeletal Remains. They both killed it. Met Conjurer's bassist and got a shirt.

Saw some of Korpiklanni. It was laughably bad. Most of the group including me wants to leave but one dude wants to stay to see a few songs of Eluveitie, who don't go on until 10:30. I sorta dug them when I was first getting into metal so it won't be all bad
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Korpiklaani > 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Korpiklaani > 
    Nah they sucked. Eluveitie were dope as fuck though
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Both are dope
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?