Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The F.N.R.S. (Fit Niggas Runnin' Shit.) Thread

Comments

• ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Got a weighted jump rope today and god damn it kicked my ass
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    For the last 6 months my lifting has been pathetic. I've injured my left shoulder. I'm hoping its not a tear and its just a strain but I think I'm kidding myself. I can't do bench or squat (as my arm can't reach back and grab the bar) so I've been doing narrow grip bench and front squats in the hope that it is just a strain....

On Friday I did normal bench and it felt ok....spent ages warming up with the bar and then with just 20kg on the bar....after about 1/2 an hour of warming up it was feeling ok

So I'm hoping maybe that's the key....warm up heaps and take it slowly and build back up to a decent bench press again
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,440 moneytalker
    Gnomez said:

For the last 6 months my lifting has been pathetic. I've injured my left shoulder. I'm hoping its not a tear and its just a strain but I think I'm kidding myself. I can't do bench or squat (as my arm can't reach back and grab the bar) so I've been doing narrow grip bench and front squats in the hope that it is just a strain....

On Friday I did normal bench and it felt ok....spent ages warming up with the bar and then with just 20kg on the bar....after about 1/2 an hour of warming up it was feeling ok

So I'm hoping maybe that's the key....warm up heaps and take it slowly and build back up to a decent bench press again

http://www.mobilitywod.com/episodes/page/6/

Get started Gnomie.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Thanks Gnomez and Jobe. Also, @Jobe that mobilitywod website...what am I looking for relating to basketball vertical? Site is so huge I have no clue what the fuck I'm doing lol.
    Yeah, that site is fucking massive lolHere's the deal with mobilitywod (wod=workout of the day)...

This is what it is...
    http://www.mobilitywod.com/about/

It's put together by a guy named Kelly Starrett...

http://www.mobilitywod.com/about/kellystarrett/

tl;dr - smart dude wants to unfuck your body up.

He did a free WOD video every day for over a year, starting here...

http://www.mobilitywod.com/episodes/page/6/

My two biggest goals are trying to recoup my shoulder and to open up my hips (I can get over 6'6" with a straight kick, but only about 5'8" with a mma style head kick) but I started with video 1 and fixed a knee problem along the way. Each video gives you 10 minutes of "homework" to do, and they are meant to both improve movement, diagnose problem or tight areas in your body that you need to work on. Most of the videos are test/wod/retest so you know right away if its working and are geared towards improving your lifts/athletic performance. As far as what ones will help you personally, it all depends on your body mechanics. You might not need the same hip stretches I do, or you may be tight in other areas of the hamstrings, have different posture, use a different stance etc so it becomes a matter of finding the right video for the problems you have. You can pick and choose the ones you think may apply, or just start at video one and work your way through. Since most are all related to improving the lifting of heavy things, I recommend starting at the begining. Video one is some technical bottom squat/ knee tissue knowledge, and the homework for the day is to spend 10 minutes at the bottom of a squat.

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited April 2014

Ain't updated in a while cause it'd be pointless. Gym is just as much a part of my usual routine as eating, showering, etc.

But I have one workout left in this bulk cycle then I start cutting again on Monday. Got fatter than I wanted to but the gains were amazing, can't wait to see the results after I cut. 

Ended the bulk being able to bench 210 for 2 sets of 12. Just in July it took everything in me to put up 205 for even 3-5 reps so that's some major progress.

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,621 master of ceremonies
    Damn son. Good job
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    Fave gym music?

There is a gym in the building I work at that’s really nice. The firm pays for all of us memberships, so I’ve been taking advantage. I’d been trying a lot of music trying to get me properly pumped. I settled on Krisiun for a minute, but their tempos are a little too repetitive. Today, I stuck with the Brazilian vibe played Sepultura’s Arise and holy shit that was perfect! Sepultura really brought the goods back then. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    Synthwave 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I just weighed myself for shits and giggles. Im about 231 ibs. I really have only lost maybe 40-50 ish pounds (I think I was at around 270/280 when I started working out), but Ive cut the fat down. I still have some around the belly, and Im facing the issue of some loose skin in some areas, so I still have work to do. But Im 6'1, and I dont think I'll ever dip lower in weight. I'll never be skinny, but I just gotta keep turning the fat into muscle. 
    edited April 2018
    Its been about 1 year since I started working out and eating better. 1 year since I had a can of soda. I went from a size 40 pant to a 34. I can fit in my large shirts from jr high/early high school again. Im going to the gym 4 times a week, and working out at home an additional day. 

I also got my sleep schedule on track. I go to sleep around 1 and wake up around 9:30. 

Beats staying up until 5 in the morning and waking up at like 2/3 pm. 
    You did fuck up. You cut that glorious ginger beard.

Congrats on the effort though.

Also, the lighting on the second pic makes it look like you have a weird tiny arm. 
    edited April 2018
    Good shit Ape and MC 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    Well done lads 
    I could still take down both of you big womens blouses though