Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? (NSFW)

Comments

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    someone crashed their car into a house in Dayton killed a family relaxing watchin their tv....

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

shuddah bought a piece of her ass, dumb fukkr

[-(

blue turbins

• GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2017
    Fuck.
    Working for a corporate shits me at times.
    I get sick of them appointing middle and senior management who get a fancy title but aren't income producing so all they do is suck off head office while we have to work harder to pay their salaries.
    I'm a contractor so it shouldn't bother me. 
    I should just come to work and earn the $$$.
    But I just hate seeing so called Managers doing fuck all while the rest of us bust our ass.

shits me..... lol

[-(

blue turbins

• MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    noticed the last couple of times my car started that there was kind of a delay between me igniting the motor and it actually starting. it's been cold so I figured the engine was just cold or something idk shit about cars. got to work fine. after work I go to my car and the damn thing won't turn on. so it's just sitting in the garage over night, and I'm gonna get it towed out tomorrow morning and go to a shop and figure out how much of the OT I just worked last week I'm dropping on this smh
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,440 moneytalker
    It's probably not cold enough where you live to have an effect on your car. The battery is probably just weak and needs a replacement. 
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Does it do anything when you try to start it?
    clean terminals

[-(

blue turbins

I just replaced the battery like a few months ago. The battery is fine. the lights turn on, the music plays, all that shit is a-ok. it's the engine or the motor or something that's fucked. my co-workers and my dad when I called him were saying it might be the starter or alternator
    Probably the starter. The alternator charges the battery, which is probably still good if the lights and music still play. Turning the key would still turn the starter, or cause it to click, it just wouldn't turn fast enough to start the car. If nothing happens when you turn the key, it could be that the starter is bad. (Check that the car is in park. Sometimes it doesn't fully engage and that would prevent it from starting) It could also be a component in the car security features. 

Odds are it's the starter though. You may be able to get it free up by tapping on it with a hammer or something similar. A little percussive maintenance will sometimes get a starter turning again. I had one once that would act up every couple of months. A quick tap with a hockey stick would get it going again lol.
    lights music run off alternator when running

[-(

blue turbins

Jobe said:
    Probably the starter. The alternator charges the battery, which is probably still good if the lights and music still play. Turning the key would still turn the starter, or cause it to click, it just wouldn't turn fast enough to start the car. If nothing happens when you turn the key, it could be that the starter is bad. (Check that the car is in park. Sometimes it doesn't fully engage and that would prevent it from starting) It could also be a component in the car security features. 

Odds are it's the starter though. You may be able to get it free up by tapping on it with a hammer or something similar. A little percussive maintenance will sometimes get a starter turning again. I had one once that would act up every couple of months. A quick tap with a hockey stick would get it going again lol.
    Yeah it was in park and all that lol. but yeah my co-worker who helped me out was tapping the alternator, which confused me, but I guess that makes sense now. He tried reaching the starter but apparently couldn't quite reach it. if it's that quick a fix hopefully this guy I'm thinking of taking it to tomorrow morning will be honest and just fix it real quick and I don't have to drop hella money [-O<
    Engine needs 3 things to run...

Power
    Fuel 
    Spark

If nothing happens when you turn the key, or the engine cranks over slow when turning the key, it's a power issue. I am assuming this is what's going on? If the battery is working good then by default the alternator is probably working too. Otherwise it wouldn't recharge the battery. A new battery hooked up to a weak alternator could also cause slow starts. Even through the battery is new, it would lack power with a bad alternator not fully charging it. If he has a full 14 volts of power at the battery, the next link in the chain is the starter itself.
    Starter has 2 bolts holding it in, 3 wires hooked to it (2 hot and a ground) Varies by car of course, but usually they aren't too bad to get to and can be swapped out in 20 minutes or less.

Should be fairly cheap as far as car repairs go. It's 2 bolts and 2 nuts.

>paying somebody to do it though 
    >grab your balls and man up son 
    until I have the time to figure all that shit out and buy the proper tools and figure out if that's what it even is, I'll take it to a guy. but yeah I definitely should learn more about my car so I can fix some of these simpler things myself
    Just a basic socket set would get you through this one. I understand the hesitation to DIY, lacking the confidence to tear into it, but there isn't much downside for ya really.

Car - already has to be towed and repaired anyway.
    Starter - needs to be purchased anyway.
    Repair guy - gotta pay him anyway 
    Tools - gonna get bought someday anyway 

It's not a job where you can make anything worse. There's nothing on the car to get damaged, it's an external component. If you don't get it right, the guy you would have had to pay can double check it for ya. YouTube has how to repair videos for just about everything, and most tell you in advance what tools and sizes you need.

1) Disconnect ground wire from battery 
    2) remove big and little power wire from starter (no way to cross them up, one is a thick cable from the battery, one is a thin signal wire to the ignition)
    3) remove ground wire 
    4) pull 2 bolts holding starter in place 
    5) drop starter out 
    6) bitch yell cuss and struggle trying to figure how to get new starter back in place 
    7) hold in place and start bolts in by hand 
    8) rest your arm fighting with that starter in this position was heavy 
    9) tighten bolts, attach wires, hook battery back up 
    10) start car 

did it start?

No

>double check wire connections
    >have your guy look at it 
    >pay him 
    >success

Did it start?

Yes 

>bathe it testosterone
    >take money you didn't pay to your guy 
    >buy more tools (or music gear, strippers, coke, etc)
    >pay yourself for being manly man 
    >much success 
    proly just corroded terminals on the starter fhaggot

[-(

blue turbins

They can be a bitch to get to though without a jack and stands, or ramps or something. Parking with one side of the car parked on the curb can help make more clearance if you lack other options to safely lift the car. Never get under a car supported only by a jack.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    That looks awful whit trashy