Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    Thats why I liked it. He is still a kid and learning who he is and how to balance it out. Its an origin story but without the Uncle Ben and all that shit. That scene where he is picking up the beams on him was made the movie for me. At first he was crying yelling for help showing the kid side of him and how vulnerable he is. I loved that he wasn't some overpowered strong hero already who can do anything. The vulnerability and feel like he could die just made me invest in his character a lot more cause he was a kid and hadn't reached his spidey potential.

Idk I really really liked it a lot and just edged out Spidey 2 for me.   
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Spidey has always been an acrobatic and elegant character in his movements though. I can see Peter being awkward, and liked that. But as Spidey he should not be crashing through fences and face planting. It was out of character. Especially seeing how he already had his movements down in Civil War. 

He also didnt throw a single punch in the movie. Every fight was him standing there and webbing somebody. Like jump to a guy and punch em wtf. 

And I liked that beam scene for the most part, but him repeating Iron Man's words irritated me. Iron Man is not his father figure, Ben is. Would have been better to have some of Ben's advice echo through his mind, or better yet May because she takes on the role of wisdom passer after Ben dies and it would have given May purpose other than some retarded milf jokes. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Eh, he kinda gets his shit rocked in CW by basically everyone. Its not too much of a stretch from how he was in CW to this.

And this is the MCU's version of Spider Man. The whole point of them getting Spidey is to connect him to the characters. Tony Stark is not his father, but he is 100% a role model. He looks up to him because he is 15 years old and its freaking Iron Man. Tony is the superhero that Peter aspires to be. That just seems like a silly thing to count as a negative in the film.
    They are diminishing May and Ben's roles to do that though. And Peter's, by making EVERYTHING come from Iron Man. His suit, his gatchets, his inspiration. Its stupid. 
    Its different. This is the 3rd version of Spiderman within a decade. If they were gonna do the same old Uncle Ben "with great power comes great responsibility" bullshit again, whats the point?
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    Ben checked out early. Deal with it. Stark is an idol of his. Another brilliant mind that Peter idolized. Also, he's fucking Iron Man. The fact that his words resonate with him make sense. He is still young as hell Spidey Man. He has more to learn yet (spider senses etc) Of course he has to show a training montage of him being bad at shit. Hell, he didn't even know how far he could shoot yet. Again, perfectly logical despite Civil War. And he was still messing up in Civil War btw. The whole end of the movie was how he wasn't ready quite yet.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    And who gives a fuck where his suit comes from? This is the most fleshed out, character driven Peter Parker we've seen yet. As a comic fan you'd think you would be excited about that.
    Rutabaga said:
    Eh, he kinda gets his shit rocked in CW by basically everyone. Its not too much of a stretch from how he was in CW to this.

And this is the MCU's version of Spider Man. The whole point of them getting Spidey is to connect him to the characters. Tony Stark is not his father, but he is 100% a role model. He looks up to him because he is 15 years old and its freaking Iron Man. Tony is the superhero that Peter aspires to be. That just seems like a silly thing to count as a negative in the film.

You posted this while I was typing, but we basically said the same shit lol.
    Its shitty. I dont like it. Fuck yall.
    Almost word for word at points =))
    "Well Jake, in a world where Thor and the Avengers also exist, it more logical for Pete to go sew up some shit from JoAnne Fabrics than to get a suit from a billionaire  superhero with real resources" - MC
    Its shitty. I dont like it. Fuck yall.
    I accept your concession. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,200 mod
    MC just hates shit cause it's the cool thing to do now

Jobe said:
    "Well Jake, in a world where Thor and the Avengers also exist, it more logical for Pete to go sew up some shit from JoAnne Fabrics than to get a suit from a billionaire  superhero with real resources" - MC
    Peter is the friendly neighborhood hero, so yea it does make sense for him to make his own shit and not rely on Tony 
    Has he watched the Japanese dubbed version?
    OldManJay said:
    MC just hates shit cause it's the cool thing to do now
    Spiderman is my favorite Marvel hero (fav character topped only by Venom). I dont like the changes. Sue me.
    Jobe said:
    Peter is the friendly neighborhood hero, so yea it does make sense for him to make his own shit and not rely on Tony 
    He did make his own shit. Tony's was better.
    It's like MC is confused about the timeline of events.
    Rutabaga said:
    Jobe said:
    He did make his own shit. Tony's was better.
    Im saying he should have made the ACTUAL suit, and webshooters, and webbing, etc. Not just kept the shitty hoodie, but bypassed the shitty hoodie to make a real suit, instead if using Tony's
    Thats the dumbest reason to not like a movie that I have ever heard