Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
edited July 2022 in Debate & Discourse
Flash sucked.
Pass the god damn butter.
Post edited by JLRedWing13 on

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    I've read that the following movies will continue to be based on Peters high school years, so we may be dealing with DJ Flash for even longer along with the rest of school mates. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Flash sucked. Young May annoyed me. Michelle was a SJW bitch and I hope she isnt going to be the love interest focus going forward.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Easter Eggs:
    Glover was Prowler, and Miles Morales's uncle. 

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,200 mod
    Spider man 2 > Spider Man Homecoming > Spider Man > ASM > Spider Man 3 > ASM 2

I dont know how you think it was better than the first Spiderman.
    Scorpion coming though
    Young Mae didn't bother me at all. It made no difference in the story. (Loved the high wasted outfits too - Nostalgia boner!) Neither did skipping the back story, Uncle Ben etc. Flash as a story telling device served the same antagonist purpose, so even though I don't like the character changes I feel like it didn't really change anything story wise either. The Stark suit got to be a bit much, but half way through he was forced to go without it. It flipped the typical order of progression from home made suit to the final costume.

To me, the things they got wrong were mostly small things, and the shit they did right they knocked outta the park.

8/10

And if you hated Michelle be prepared to hate the sequels as well.
    I didn't watch the ASM movies, but surely they can't be worse than SM3 though..
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    ASM 1 was mediocre. A lot rehashed from the original, plus some not so great plot points and script. ASM 2 was dog shit
    edited July 2017
    Idk. To me Flash was just kinda unconvincing as a bully. "Oh Im gonna pick on Peter cuz hes a smarter nerd than I am". It works better as a dumb jock. And May was irritating. She served no real purpose in the movie accept for a couple milf gags. Like May and Ben were always supposed to act as Peter's moral compass, giving him wisdom. And instead Stark did that, and it ruined it for me. Instead of hearing Ben or May's voice at the end when he lifted that beam (also a REALLY cool easter egg from Amazing Spiderman #33), he heard Tony's. And that was lame. 

And I know she's the love interest, but God Michelle was annoying with her protest/SJW shit, and her loser loner "I dont give a fuck" attitude, and she was straight up a rude annoying bitch. Complete opposite of the types of chicks Peter dates in the comics. And the MJ reference was cringe worthy. Shoulda stuck with Liz longer.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    edited July 2017
    I'm torn about the ASM movies because I thought Garfield and Stone were good in their roles and really good together, but the rest of it was a mess. Both movies had forgettable to downright laughable villains too. 
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I'm torn about the ASM movies because I thought Garfield and Stone were good in their roles and really good together, but the rest of it was a mess. Both movies had forgettable to downright laughable villains too. 
    I thought Lizard was rad. But ASM 2 was a fucking mess.
    ASM2 is better than Spiderman 3 though. ASM2 didnt have emo Peter or a shit Venom. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,200 mod
    ASM 2 was complete trash. Had no focus, bullshit ending. 

That beam scene annoyed my as well, but it was the goofy way he switched from having the weight load on his back to then pressing it over his head. Most unrealistic part of a movie with flying people in it lol. 
    Jobe said:
    That beam scene annoyed my as well, but it was the goofy way he switched from having the weight load on his back to then pressing it over his head. Most unrealistic part of a movie with flying people in it lol. 
    It was a direct reference to the comic though, so I had no problem with the beam lifting. Just that it was Stark's voice in his head.

It wasn't the lifting, or the scene itself. It was the way he switched from one position to the other with the weight.

It was terrible form =))
    Oh lol
    I honestly had no problem with Aunt May or Michelle. Flash's change is a little more upsetting because it almost guarantees they'll never do Agent Venom. That actor just wouldnt work.
    Apparently when May and Peter are eating dinner at that restaurant the space next to it says its the "Korean Church of Asguard" =))))))

If aliens fell from the sky and fucking Thor showed up and saved us all I would worship Asguard too =))