Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Gun control

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
Curious where you stand on gun control. I don’t think it’s ever been discussed. 

Comments

• Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,646 jayfacer
    Definitely pro gun. Always have been even before I was into politics. The system on purchasing guns most definitely needs a reform though. 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    I think people should be able to own guns, but better background checks, and registry are a must, and Im not opposed to ammunition limitations. 

That said, I would never own a gun myself. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Yeah agree we definitely need tighter background checks. People should be able to own them though. I personally want one. Gonna stop putting it off and get my foid this year 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    edited February 2020
    A few weeks ago, I seen a video of a church in Texas (It was all caught on the security camera footage.) where dude opened up on the church wit a shotgun. He got one shot off and 2 old dudes who had open carry immediately fired back and blew his head off.

That’s where I stand on gun control. If the entire US had open carry, mfs would either think twice before trying to pull off a mass shooting, or they would do it anyways and immediately get gunned down and do nowhere near as much damage.

Anybody who wants the opposite simply wants to strip power from the general population cause there’s no logical argument FOR it. Plus it doesn’t fucking work. I have mfs right now that I could go get black market weapons from and I don’t have a FOID card. 

Look at the war on drugs. Did anybody ever stop getting high?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

That said, I would never own a gun myself. 
    Why? Would you go shoot one at a range? 
    Dime2 said:
    Yeah agree we definitely need tighter background checks. People should be able to own them though. I personally want one. Gonna stop putting it off and get my foid this year 
    In NY where I live, we have really tight restrictions on buying them and it’s a real pita honestly. I am actually okay with the process and don’t think that needs to change however some of the restrictions on ammo and whatnot are ridiculous. 

Currently I am going through the process to get a conceal carry pistol license. It’s like 20+ pages of information and then up to a year for the background checks to clear because they call a shitton of people about you. 

Getting a rifle is easier but still restrictive. I love my latest rifle, it’s fun going to the range 
    In NY it’s illegal for example to own a gun and not a gun safe. I like that law. But laws banning certain types of semi-auto rifles but allowing other semi-auto rifles are stupid and I don’t support. And fuck NY Safe act 
    edited February 2020
    Yeah I feel the tighter the gun laws the more it just restricts people who would use them to prevent crime. Criminals don't obey the law lol
    Post edited by Dime2 on
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Just restrict guns from white people on antidepressants 
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have a ton of guns. I dont go shooting as often as I used to cuz it's stupid expensive. Especially shooting rifles. I mostly just shoot 9mm since it's really cheap and I got a 357 that shoots .38 special which is also relatively cheap.
    Just restrict guns from white people on antidepressants 
    And all black people. Take no chances.
    I have a ton of guns. I dont go shooting as often as I used to cuz it's stupid expensive. Especially shooting rifles. I mostly just shoot 9mm since it's really cheap and I got a 357 that shoots .38 special which is also relatively cheap.
    What’s your fav that you own? I don’t think .556 is that expensive... that’s typically what I shoot at the range 

Recently I bought a new stock from Boyd’s for my 1944 Springfield 1903A3 that my dad gave me years back. Gun purist might curse me for that but my dad had already modified it be removing the sights and putting on a scope. I hated the original stock - hurt like hell with the kickback. Now it’s sweet looking and more manageable with the blowback 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Funny enough if we’re talking going out and target shooting for fun, I don’t even want a gun, I want to learn a crossbow. 🤔
    What’s your fav that you own?  

Funny enough if we’re talking going out and target shooting for fun, I don’t even want a gun, I want to learn a crossbow. 🤔
     =)) I'm down 
    These are my favorite handguns tho (Glock 17 and Ruger GP100):

What’s your fav that you own?  

Sweet! Love the drum clip 
    Here’s my newest that is NY legal. My fav is probably either my Uzi carbine or MAC-11. I don’t have those in NY though as they aren’t legal