Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Watchmen TV Show (spoilers)

Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
edited December 2019 in Debate & Discourse
This so has so many god damned layers it needs its own thread. Especially after next week. 

Spoilers will be everywhere below, gtfo if your not watching. 
Pass the god damn butter.
Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    edited December 2019
    We missed so many clues to last weeks big reveal. From Will talking to Angela in the first episode made casual mention of it. It glossed right by but now that we know what secret she was hiding, that conversation now plays out on a deeper lever. Other clues to it were the episode title (A God walks into a bar... Abar) and even the name of Laurie's giant dildo Excalibur is meta. 

Ex

Cal

Abar 

Dildo design plans from HBO =))

Going off the thread view count, y’all are looking. Stop it. I’m dancing around some shit here but there’s gonna some major series spoilers coming up. 
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    edited December 2019
    Started watching this show last night since you guys were raving about it. Was totally confused for the first 15 minutes of episode 1 but getting into it now. I watched the first 3 episodes last  night. Trying to catch up so you guys don't leave me behind. Still confused as to whether judd was a KKK member and who the fuck the weirdo with the clones are. And what's up with all the Juggalos ?
    Post edited by Gnomez on
    Are you familiar with the comics or the movie Gnomes? There’s a lot of back story to the series. 
    edited December 2019
    https://youtu.be/wJmg0uc3CjY

if not watch this 
    Are you familiar with the comics or the movie Gnomes? There’s a lot of back story to the series. 

No and no
    I can see why you are confused then. The video I posted will clear a few things up hopefully. Some you have to watch more episodes, and some is still meant to be a mystery. 

Time is passing differently with the “weirdo with the clones” according to the candles on his cake. Either the video or just a couple more episodes will let you know who that is. The juggalos are the people who believe Rorsachs journal was true and the squid attack was a hoax.  
    Also, here is the peteypedia link if you want the extra bonus materials for each episode. 

I was pretty hyped for this episode, for obvious reasons to anyone who is watching. I was expecting the big return in huge dramatic fashion. We definitely got that, but holy shit did they give us so much more. The return seemed like the smallest part of the episode. It was really impressive the way they spread the timeline around so we would experience time as Dr Manhattan does. Brilliant writing. 
    Interesting to see how many side stories are inter linked. Like how Adrian was asked how he knew something....because a little elephant (lady trieu?) told him...

And how about how did Will know that Judd had a kkk outfit in his closet...it was only because Angela told him...10 years in the future! That's a perplexing oxymoron 
    Did you watch the end credits scene with the tomatoes? Seems lots of people missed it. 

They have done a really good job lacing all these different plots and timelines all together. Can’t wait to see what Lady Trieu and Family (can’t wait to see who Dad is) have going on with the Millennium Clock. (Nostalgia and shared trauma for everyone?)

The causal way she said “Get the fuck up off the pool, you’re scaring the children” had me dying. It’s like imagining Jesus was at the crucifixion and his wife walked up to the scene and wasn’t amused "the fuck you doing on that cross? Get the fuck down from there, you better stop fucking around, we ain’t got time for this bullshit”

My predictions:

I think Will eats the Manhattan Essence Egg
    Petey is Lube Man 
    Angela casually says “fuck” a bunch more
    Yeah I saw the tomato scene at the end.
    I think the maid at the castle is hot.
    She needs a good rooting 
    I think Angela already has blue man powers....
    As for Lube Man...that was classic... spray yourself with oil and slide into a drain 
    And mirror guy is obviously dressed as a juggalo and will come to the rescue at some point 
    3 reasons I think it’s not Angela is A - too obvious and 2) Cals line about never doing it without consent (he did ask for Will’s help) and C - More of a wtf if it’s wheelchair gramps. And he had those weird egg eating scenes earlier where he ate the eggs right from the pan of boiling water. 

I could also see it being Angela though. It would certainly explain the waffle making scene although there is still the most obvious question on why he either didn’t blast the 7k to smithereens or just teleport out of there instead of cooking breakfast. It must have to play out this way for a reason. 

This show is so weird. And indeed Mrs Crookshanks can get it. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    That last episode sort of pissed me off at first. I posted about it on reddit and got a bunch of people lecturing me about shit about time and causality that I already understood, nobody seemed to get that I was saying that the whole 7K/cannon situation would end in tragedy unless Dr. Manhattan specifically wanted it to. People were like "hrr drr he can't change things/he's just a passive observer" which falls apart at the fact he exerts willpower at any point in time. Not saying he can change what happens based on how he experiences time, I'm saying those events shouldn't be what he experiences at all unless he chooses to.

Which means he chose to, which means there are much larger things at play.
    Hard to say how the whole thing plays out. He obviously knows things we don’t. There was also the quote about how people are frustrated at the way he experiences time. We don’t know if it’s a Dr Strange type thing where he calculated the odds and this is how it has to play out. Or it just may be that he stood there and got blasted because he knew that’s what happens in the future. Because he experiences the past present and future all at once, in a way he has always been being blasted by the canon so he doesn’t bother to stop it. It sounds derpy, but it fits with his character. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Yeah I get that, but what I'm saying is that based on who he is and what he can do, that's not what would happen in general. He doesn't predict the future, he experiences it. So the only reason that would happen is because he just wants it to.
    Either he wants it to happen or he just can’t be bothered to stop it (like The Comedian said to him in Vietnam after killing the village woman) 

Really hoping all the “why’s” get answered in the next episode. He knew they were there and didn’t teleport away or turn their guns into fish or whatever so all we can do is assume he has his reasons why things had to play out the way they did.