Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    I got a plastic Spider Man head full of popcorn. Your opinions are invalid.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    He was making his own webbing. He was hiding it in science class <_>
    >best time ever for comic fans when it comes to movies.
    >blockbuster movies 
    >biggest production budgets ever
    >actual though and care being put into them
    >Easter eggs galore
    >each release is almost a cultural event
    >MC hates it.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    He was making his own webbing. He was hiding it in science class <_>
    ITS SHITTY AND I HATE IT MARC SHUT UP
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    I wanted to see Spiderman, not the Iron Man's apprentice show
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Rutabaga said:
    Thats the dumbest reason to not like a movie that I have ever heard
    There were a lot of reasons I didnt like it.
    Aka the same shit we been seeing since 2002
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I didn't mind so much that Iron Man was his role model. It makes perfect sense to me. It would have been kinda stupid to have Uncle Ben's words echo through his head at the end considering he wasn't in the movie lol that beam scene literally made me uncomfortable. My god the way he was shouting and just sounding like he was dying made my skin crawl. That is one of the best Spider-Man scenes PERIOD. I just didn't like how much of an ex machina the Iron Man suit was. I was tensed up during the ship scene. When his suit said "You were 98% accurate" then the ship started to crumble the audience as well as myself breathed a collective sigh of "Oh, come on!" The stakes were up there and I wanted him to win so bad. I felt with him until Iron Man saved the day. I know Marvel really doesn't do gritty but the ship going down would have just made the scene sooooo much better for me. I would've liked Peter to learn that lesson on his own. He is young tho and the speech Tony gave was killer so I could mostly forgive it. I just didn't like the hi tech Spidey suit because I didn't feel anything warranted that Hi tech of a suit. He was dealing with mostly typical Spider-Man shit. Although I will give the movie props for going in a different route than the others because that is absolutely ESSENTIAL considering this franchise has been done and re-done. I just personally was a little dissatisfied because it took some of the stakes away for me, ya know? Overall though it was a good solid film. Spidey 2 is just very dear to me because it's my favorite Super Hero film. Holland is, without a doubt, the BEST Peter Parker we could have hoped for. He shattered expectations. Loved him in that role. Don't know what you're talking about MC. He should be clunky and i loved him learning to grow. That montage of him crashing through the fence was worth it to see the Ferris Beuller homage =)
    Rutabaga said:
    But with a younger Peter and new villains, yea. A SPIDERMAN movie. He didnt need Iron Man teaching him the comics. He figured that shit out on his own. He shouldnt have had him here.
    edited July 2017
    Yeah but they're trying to incorporate this into the MCU so even though I wasn't a huge fan of that, you can't say it doesn't make sense. They're gearing up for Infinity War and it would be bordering on stupid if Spidey didn't interact with any of the Avengers. Things have to change from the comics and considering Stark recruited him, it just makes absolute sense. 
    Dime said:
    Yeah but they're trying to incorporate this into the MCU so even though I wasn't a huge fan of that, you can't say it doesn't make sense. They're gearing up for Infinity War and it would be bordering on stupid if Spidey didn't interact with any of the Avengers. Things have to change from the comics and considering Stark recruited him, it just makes absolute sense. 
    I was fine with the beginning. Stark recruits him, says we'll call you, and it should have been left at that. 
    Rutabaga said:
    But with a younger Peter and new villains, yea. A SPIDERMAN movie. He didnt need Iron Man teaching him the comics. He figured that shit out on his own. He shouldnt have had him here.
    He was in the movie less than 10 minutes
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,202 mod
    I guess MC just wanted to watch Uncle Ben die again...

You gotta remember though, these are made to appeal to the casual movie goer as well. Super Hero flicks are no longer specifically aimed at the comic reader because they've become landmarks of film. If they didn't clarify that Spidey wasn't joining the Avengers or have Stark appear, there would have been people questioning that. They can't do a shot for shot of the comic panels because alot of it would go over people's heads and just cause confusion. This fits within the mold of what the MCU is trying to do.
    edited July 2017
    OldManJay said:
    I guess MC just wanted to watch Uncle Ben die again...
    They could have just made it after the fact. Everyone knows who Spidey is, and how he got his powers. Jump to him figuring out shit, learning from May, and remembering Ben ON HIS OWN. Like Spidey was never someone elses sidekick. Even made a point to have the FF reject him, which you could argue paralles, but Reed wasnt acting as a father figure.
    And I feel they hit enough of the iconic shots the comic fans would recognize while still doing something new enough to keep it interesting. 
    Omfg I just realized old man Jay isn't Jay and now my mind is shattered. I need get some sleep smh
    Its Ed :|
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,202 mod
    Dime said:
    Omfg I just realized old man Jay isn't Jay and now my mind is shattered. I need get some sleep smh
    I'm just an alternative version of Jay that's very angry at young people music and I go to bed at 6pm. 

Mentor =\= father figure