Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    edited May 2019
    I was thinking about it, and Black Widow had one of the best character arcs. Everything about her was really well written. 

She starts off as a super spy, living a life consumed by lies, espionage, murder, and secrets. She doesnt trust other people, doesnt trust herself, doesnt think other people should trust her, and even straight up sees herself as an uncaring, unnatural monster because of things she's had to do. 

And yet, more than any other character, she pulled through with the Avengers and connected with everyone on a deep and personal level, with more characters than anyone else. She was the only one who didnt see Hulk as a monster, and was the only one who could calm him down. She was the only one who understood Hawkeye, and went out to redeem him when he went Ronin. She was the only one to stand by both Tony and Steve during Civil War, and understood they were both right in their own ways. She was the glue that held the Avengers together after Cap disappeared in Civil War, and after the crushing defeat at the hand of Thanos. She becomes the one everyone trusts the most. The one everyone turns to in their weakest moment. 

To become that after a lifetime of lies and fear. 

She had to sacrifice herself in Endgame. She was the most logical choice. And it was once again her sacrifice that glued the team together, and acted as a catalyst to defeat Thanos again. 

She is looked at as a side character because she isnt as big as the Big Three, she never got her own movie, etc, but I really think her role in everything is underrated. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Kevin Fiege is doing an ask me anything in the marvel studios subreddit right now. 
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I was thinking about it, and Black Widow had one of the best character arcs. Everything about her was really well written. 

She starts off as a super spy, living a life consumed by lies, espionage, murder, and secrets. She doesnt trust other people, doesnt trust herself, doesnt think other people should trust her, and even straight up sees herself as an uncaring, unnatural monster because of things she's had to do. 

And yet, more than any other character, she pulled through with the Avengers and connected with everyone on a deep and personal level, with more characters than anyone else. She was the only one who didnt see Hulk as a monster, and was the only one who could calm him down. She was the only one who understood Hawkeye, and went out to redeem him when he went Ronin. She was the only one to stand by both Tony and Steve during Civil War, and understood they were both right in their own ways. She was the glue that held the Avengers together after Cap disappeared in Civil War, and after the crushing defeat at the hand of Thanos. She becomes the one everyone trusts the most. The one everyone turns to in their weakest moment. 

To become that after a lifetime of lies and fear. 

She had to sacrifice herself in Endgame. She was the most logical choice. And it was once again her sacrifice that glued the team together, and acted as a catalyst to defeat Thanos again. 

She is looked at as a side character because she isnt as big as the Big Three, she never got her own movie, etc, but I really think her role in everything is underrated. 
     100% agree
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,440 moneytalker
    edited May 2019
    There's a trailer for the BatWoman show and casting news for a Batman movie, but neither is good news and I'm not sure if we should talk about either with MC out getting Con Durnk right now.
    Post edited by Jobe_Wan_Kenobi on
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Damn that Batwoman trailer looks fucking terrible
    Maybe Elliot Rodgers was right
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    I heard about Batman 
    F
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Both absolutely terrible things and I regret watching/reading about both 
    She's hot af but she cannot act. Also, a lot of the dialogue there was cringey. Hard pass
    imageimage
    I forgot to mention it but when I went to Endgame, they had some Far From Home Mini Posters sitting out so I grabbed a few.

Best Spiderman!
    Me and my buddy did a trailer reaction for Batwoman and got an amazing comment on it "Is that the bat signal?? No it's the virtue signal!" =))

Now we wait for MC to stroll along
    This is a poster they are supposedly giving away at theaters for the extended Endgame screenings. If anyone actually happens to grab extras, holler at me.

edited June 2019
    Best Spiderman on sale tomorrow through grey matter 

Fuck that's dope