Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

bojack season 3(spoilers)

1235»

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
     Back in the 90’s...
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Did you guys not watch yet or are we just not talking about it?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Not finished yet
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    I just started the last season today
    Binge!

It needs discussion. 
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    edited February 2020
    Oh naw I binged all 8 immediately on Friday.

Second half was miles better than the first half by far, and on top of that was prolly the strongest consecutive string of episodes the show has ever had.

Won’t spoil it til the thread is caught up since we don’t have spoiler tags but episode 15 is by far my favorite episode of all time and that should have been the ending. That episode induced so much anxiety and build-up exactly like it intended and it was executed flawlessly. And that “trip” sequence at the end wit the black sludge was the best animation sequence the show has ever had. Everything was jus absolutely A1.

Wit that said, I’m not mad at 16 as the ending, but it also felt tacked on and unnecessary, and so I was a little disappointed by it. It’s also a fitting ending, although not as fitting as 15 would have been.
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    So sad the show is over tho. Definitely gotta do a full rewatch. My girl wanted to start the show anyways so perfect excuse lmao.
    Yeah that episode was a real mother fucker. Written by the same chick who wrote the stupid piece of shit episode. 
  • nohohanknohohank Posts: 248 juggalo
    I have no problem agreeing with it being the best episode. It was so fucking unsettling. I also don't want to say too much but at the same time we might be the only 3-4 here. Episode 15 was the most intense experience I have had watching this show...but the finale was everything that the entire experience of watching the show has been. It made sense to me and I liked it. I've read some reviews where they said people could leave off at 15 and call it their finally and be satisfied and I get that 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Yeah 15 was definitely the real "finale" in my mind... not invalidating 16, because even with the way 15 ended it was still ambiguous about what happens in the long run. I feel like leaving it off on that would have been a cool send-off to one of my favorite movies, In Bruges, as it sort of has the same ultimate conclusion without showing what happens next.
    I was doubtful that the show would have another big impactful episode that could compare to their previous episodes because they hit such a high mark with the underwater episode, stupid piece of shit, Bojack’s Mom and memory loss, PC and time management with the baby, etc but then they topped all of those. What a weird show lol. It’s a deep and revealing emotional gut punch topped with silly animal jokes and puns. 
    Finally watched the last season. This show has always fucked me up so i have put off watching it for months. What a fucking show. I stand by what i said after season 2. Top 5 animated show of all time. The characters feel incredibly real and nuanced.

I know some people didn't like the finale but i thought it was perfect. When Bojack asks "wouldn't it be funny if this was the last time we ever talked?" and Dianne just kinda looked away hit me in the feels. 
    You need a hug? The view from half way down was a mother fucker. 
    Finally watched the last season. This show has always fucked me up so i have put off watching it for months. What a fucking show. I stand by what i said after season 2. Top 5 animated show of all time. The characters feel incredibly real and nuanced.

I know some people didn't like the finale but i thought it was perfect. When Bojack asks "wouldn't it be funny if this was the last time we ever talked?" and Dianne just kinda looked away hit me in the feels. 

Life is like that. Ya just never know when people are gonna drift out of your life.  Found out yesterday another dude I grew up with died from a heart attack. He was younger than me. It was his second one. I don’t feel old enough to be having heart attacks already, but it keeps happening to people around my age that I knew with more and more frequency. 
    Yeah, it kinda hit me in that moment that there are people that were once apart of my life that I have already spoken to for the last time. Shit hits hard.

I appreciate that they didn't give Bojack this fairytale sendoff. He lost Hollyhock. He lost Dianne most likely. Other people like Princess Carolyn and Todd will most likely be at arms length going forward. But he paid for his sins and has a fresh start. 
    Also fuck this show for making me discuss some of the deepest writing of a tv show ever and have to write out names like Hollyhock, Mr Peanutbutter and Princess Carolyn =))