Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

bojack season 3(spoilers)

Comments

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Too hype. Recently jus watched all 5 seasons and I’m addicted. Watched the underwater episode on acid and cried like a baby lmao. Something about that shit hit me so different on a trip.
  • nohohanknohohank Posts: 248 juggalo
    I'm always happy to hear someone else has been able to enjoy the show. I'm also this season has been announced as the final season. I'm excited for it to reach a conclusion like breaking bad instead of happily being milked until it is canceled
    According to Aaron Paul’s Twitter tho, Netflix literally pulled the plug and there was nothing they could do. This wasn’t necessarily supposed to be the last season.
    I feel like it ends wit BoJack killing himself tho. I don’t foresee it having a happy ending.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Nah as depressing as the show is there is always that sliver of light that Bojack has been struggling to find/maintain. Idk if it will end "happy" but i can see Bojack finding some sort of normalcy 
    First half drops tonight 
    Anybody watch Tuca & Bertie? I walked in wanting to love it, was incredibly hesitant when I finally started it and then fell in love halfway through. 

And then they just cancelled it. So many people loved it but somehow it was the one show of all the Netflix originals that they didn't shove down your throat and as a result didn't get the exposure it should have. Even the creator of the show, the original art designer for Bojack couldn't find it without searching in her Netflix account lol it's a shame, there was so much potential. 
    nohohank said:
    Anybody watch Tuca & Bertie? I walked in wanting to love it, was incredibly hesitant when I finally started it and then fell in love halfway through. 

And then they just cancelled it. So many people loved it but somehow it was the one show of all the Netflix originals that they didn't shove down your throat and as a result didn't get the exposure it should have. Even the creator of the show, the original art designer for Bojack couldn't find it without searching in her Netflix account lol it's a shame, there was so much potential. 
    Hell naw that shit was absolutely terrible. Couldn’t even go on after 3 episodes. Shit had dry ass “humor” that appeals to 45 year old single mothers. Complete horseshit.
    ehhhh I think it fell victim to a weak opening couple episodes similar to Bojack. Except unlike Bojack it was female oriented and actually dealt with issues women face and most dudes just ain't got time for that. Not saying that was your reaction, a bunch of dudes I worked with wouldn't even give it a chance. As for the women I've talked to ranging from friends to work to a couple chicks off tinder and even my mom, that show resonated with them in the level that Bojack clicked with a lot of people and mental illness and they they had just never seem in a tv show before, let alone an animated show. 

I seriously hated that upbeat EDM that seemed to random at first and almost stopped just because of that lmao 

I like that Bojack gave a meta attack on itself in season 5 talking about how Philbert shouldn't be this shitty guy that shitty guys look up to and make themselves better about feeling shitty. I feel like a lot of those guys that love Bojack also wouldn't even give Tuca and Bertie the time of day. 
    That said, what about Big Mouth? I've almost never liked Nick Kroll in anything he has done or created outside of The League. The only exception was Parks and Rec and it took until the third rewatch to even warm up to The Douche. But holy fuck is Big Mouth incredible. It's already renewed through six seasons. Without a doubt if it weren't for Big Mouth, Netflix wouldn't have confidently told Bojack it was time to wrap it up.
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    MC doesn't like Big Mouth because the characters are ugly.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    And he hardly experienced puberty like many people as far as we know. While all the events in the show have gone onso far, his character would still be dreaming about a snow covered forest. 
    Even the autistic kid has a part in the show. 

Okay I'm sorry but that really was funny 
    Big Mouth is a horrendous collection of “bathroom jokes” that feels as if a 7th grader wrote it. Most cringeworthy shit I ever seen in my life. I have no idea how that garbage caught on like it did.
    ....sometimes it's okay to acknowledge that you don't like a critically acclaimed show without assuming that you must have superior tastes 
    You clearly haven't event given it a chance though 
    Shit I said assuming when I meant to say pretending 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    edited October 2019
    It's a show about transitioning from adolescence to adulthood and figuring out your changing body. Most people can relate because it's a painful and awkward time.

We got to watch you go through it lol. Our lildevil grew up so fast.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    edited October 2019
    Yes and it’s forced garbage. Gave it enough of a chance. Watched 5 episodes and it was literally making me mad how terrible it was. Shit is autistic.