Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Huh... just realized the B'omarr spider droid at the beginning. I'm currently reading the EU Rogue Squadron comics, and the B'omarr take over Jaba's palace after his death. They put people's brains into these spider droids to help them achieve enlightenment. Bib Fortuna's brain is in one of those droids in the comic. Looks like they may be adapting part of that for this show, as well as the Smuggler's Alliance from the Thrawn Trilogy. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Yoooooo
    Wedge's Gamble getting an audio book too!

I started Maul: Lockdown today. Same author as Death Troopers, and Red Harvest. He has a very distinct style. He really likes his prison settings, and going to detail with gore scenes. 
    Finished Maul: Lockdown. It has Schreiber's signature gore, and horror element. It was also closely related to the Plagueis book, which surprised me. It's basically about what Maul was up to during the events of Plagueis, even having appearances from Plagueis before the attack by the Bando Gora. I'm going back and listening through some of Plagueis again just to recontexualize after Maul: Lockdown. 

Then I'm moving on to Allegiance. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Bobba Fett was lit
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,644 jayfacer
    Eh. It was good not great. Feel like his flashbacks could have been a separate episode entirely from the rest of the story going on. Made the pacing feel off with so little time devoted to anything else.
    Alan Bagh is in Star Wars now?? 🤔🤔

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Dime2 said:
    Eh. It was good not great. Feel like his flashbacks could have been a separate episode entirely from the rest of the story going on. Made the pacing feel off with so little time devoted to anything else.
    Facts. I’m holding off judgment cause it’s only one episode so we’ll see what it builds up to, but so far it didn’t catch me like Mandalorian did right away.
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,644 jayfacer
    Yeah agree Mando had me hooked episode 1. 100% with ya, obviously ain't gonna judge it right away and just wait and see where it goes. It's def not a bad  start but no where close to epic like some people have been saying. 
    edited January 2022
    Recently finished the X-Wing comics, very good stuff. Fast paced, drama filled fun set during the era of the New Republic. Acts as a lead into the X-Wing novels. They were even written by Stackpole. 

And finished Scoundrels last night. It's basically Oceans 11 set in Star Wars. Fun, but inconsequential. Set in between A New Hope, and Empire Strikes Back. The ending kind of irked me though with its surprise twist, I just dont think it was pulled off well. 

Started the Boba Fett Omnibus, the Quinlan Vos Omnibus, the Allegiance novel, and the Rogue Squadron N64 game. 
    edited January 2022
    Can't believe they introduced the homie into live action
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Who? The black Wookiie? I’m guessing he’s from some other Star Wars shit lol.
    Yup. Black Krrsantan. He's from the comics and he's fucking nuts
    edited January 2022
    Finished Rogue Squadron for N64 and Battle For Naboo for N64. 
    Difficult ass games. I like that the last level of Rogue Squadron is set during Dark Empire. Also wish we got more stories of Gavyn Sykes from Battle For Naboo, they could done a prequel-era X-Wing/Rogue Squadron series. 

Onto the Rogue Squadron Gamecube games. Still working through the X-Wing game on PC too, but it's so complicated I haven't quite grasped it yet. Been casually playing some Galactic Battlegrounds too, but it feels sooooo slowwwww, I'm having a hard time getting invested. Which is odd because I enjoy Age Of Empires, and remember Galactic Battlegrounds being badass when I was a kid. 

I'll be done with Allegiance probably tomorrow. I like that it goes into the Stormtroopers a bit and shows that some of them legitimately think they are doing the right thing. Something I wish they explored with Finn's character in the Disney stuff. I also like that they're depicted as efficient solders, instead of complete ass clowns. Mara stories are also always good. 
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
    Yup. Black Krrsantan. He's from the comics and he's fucking nuts
    I like Black Krrsantan's design a lot. He looks badass. Makes me wish we got a Snoova comic or something. 
    Yeah snoova was dope
    got me a collector's edition Dark Forces

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Today's episode of Boba Fett got me all fired up. This is gonna be a fun finish.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage