Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Engine's or GTFO

Comments

• JeffJeff Posts: 1,158 just the tip
    Any damage to your truck?

I had a tire blow out once and that scared me...I imagine losing a wheel would be scary as fuck.
  • UPfreebirdUPfreebird Posts: 15,846 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Negative. Phew.
    Brand new rotor on the back,.. which now has some wear on one side of the outside perimeter. Not a big deal at all. Brakes never touch that part. Put the tire back on,.. put 6 new lugs on,... no problem.

Needs big meaty tires tho.
    Bravissimo, hip hip hooray

This has to be 100% bullshit.

Guy is asking $500 for this beast.

• SONSON Posts: 55,328 spicy boy

Turned out I was right with the 100% bullshit tho.

I sent the dude an email, a facebook message, and a text.  

He finally replied with a text stating it was a bullshit joke someone played on him and that it is not even for sale at all.  

@#$%^&;*()

dude probably saw the new Tosh episode =))
    Proof that even God hates Fords.

fuck one time I blew out a tire =))
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep

Getting the import shitter back on the road!!!  B)

imageimageimage
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.

At first I read it as, Import Shifter,... and was like,..wtf,.. that is not an import.

Is that a Dukes of Hazzad car?

66 Chevelle SS

That would not be a Dukes of Harrard car then.  GTFO and Ky!

Just kidding.  

That is one badass car.  
    Original motor and trans?
    Please tell me you are NOT planning on painting it red.  
    Black or Dark Blue or Ky.  

Dad got it in 93 from a friend who was locked up and needed the money. Had original 396 L78 375 H.P., 4 speed Rock Crusher trans. It had been sitting for about 10 years prior to that. Original color was gold, but he obviously painted it yellow, sold the trans and put on a turbo 350, with shift kit. Put a spool in the rear end with 4:88 gears so launch wasnt an issue. He would race the 1/4 and 1/8 mile track locally, very rarely drove it on the street other than that.

In 05 i got out of the Marines and he gave it to me, started taking it apart a few years ago, going through it from the ground up. Took the spool out the back, put in 4:10 Eaton locker, disc brakes on the front. Unfortunatley the original engine had a cracked water jacket so it was toast. It had been an issue since day one ,we just rode it out to see how long it would last. Got another 396 my brothers friend built, its period correct but not original.. :\ 

Rebuilding it for a street cruiser, the days of the track are over, even with out the original motor, the car is rare and was ordered specific from the factory. But dont get me wrong you'll hear me coming and if I put my foot in it you're done. Going to paint it 50th anniversary gold, Chevy has a paint code Ive been looking into. In the chevy museum there is a 63 Impala painted the same, and on the net I kept seeing a 62 Impala the call the Golden Gazelle. the shade may be alittle different but thats what I'm going for. 

Ky.

That is going to be one badass car!  Running on a track sounds like very limited fun.  Making it a street cruiser is the only route I would go.  50th Anniversary Gold would not be my choice,.. but it is also not my car.  And I'm sure it will look fucking sharp regardless.  Glad to hear you found another monster to put under the hood.  Why did you decide to get a period correct motor when it is not an original motor?  Why not get a new or newer fuel injected motor to throw in it?  Unless cost was the factor.  

Badass car tho.  This dude is jealous.  I am sure I will not get a ride like that for a long time to come.  Maybe.  In a few more years I should be having my mid-life crisis and then come home one day with a supe'd up classic roadster.  Or a mega-truck.  lol.  Vast differences there,.. but each one costly in it's own Reich.  

At the time he just happen to have the motor for sale, and knowing my brother he gave me a deal on it. Trust me if I had the money Id have a crate 502 or 572. My dream engine is the all aluminum 427 they came back out with. Once back on the road if this motor starts to bore me, and I dont have the money for a crate, I'll probably put a Weiand 6-71 on it.

edited May 2014

My dream ride would be the 67'-69' Camaro.  However I would not complain about a 1958 Plymouth Fury.  

Fk yeah, I got one..

Although its this big...

All my old toy cars are Chevy's.   B)

I don't even let my daughter play with Fords in her car set.  She used to have 5 cop cars too,.. until I threw them all in the garbage.  Somehow she got a few more cop cars tho.  Damn women!