Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

official mayhem fest 2015 thread.

Comments

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    SATAN said:

I don't know how Deadguy and Senses Fail got put in the same box

:-??
    inb4lists
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    edited March 2014

What's wigger hardcore?

Terror
    Dude you are such a rookie. You just got into hardcore last week and are trashing some of the most important bands in the genre. You prolly don't even know about bands like Warzone, Trial, Ignite, ect... Take a seat son. The ghost inside is not hardcore. Need to check yourself before you get smacked up at a show for wearing a letlive shirt talking shit on the truth. We're a minor threat, outcast. Florida must suck.
    Lol I've been into hardcore a little longer than "last week".

"some of the most important bands in the genre"

Megadeth are one of the most important thrash bands, therefore Megadeth > if we go by importance over actual talent.

Terror is a straight hardcore band, there's no bells and whistles, no extra flare, they are JUST a hardcore band. Their lyrics can be pretentious at times, and most of their music sounds the same.

Were/are they influential to modern hardcore? Of course, no argument there. But as far as musicianship/songwriting goes, there are a ton of bands that do what they do better. Same with Madball, H20 etc.
    -

And fuck off with thinking TGI type "hardcore" is what I'm into, my favorite bands are Integrity, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Bane, Ignite, Sick Of It All, All Out War. When it comes to experimental/post/punk/alternative hardcore, I go with Glassjaw, Thrice, Blindside, Deadguy, Poison The Well and the first two Senses Fail records.
    --

Just cause I'm younger and I haven't been into hardcore as long as you (you're several years older so that shouldn't be a surprise anyways) doesn't mean I don't know anything about it.

=;
    why does someone have to have a gimmick to be a good band. yeah no bells and whistles, cause we dont need that shit. be yourself, speak the truth, thats what terror's about, that's what hardcore is about.
    "speak the truth"

I don't think Terror has done much of that at all, they're more like "If you're not what we consider to be "hardcore" then you're garbage".

Straight forward hardcore can be fun as hell live, but idk the last time I caught myself listened to any of the NY bands other than SOIA on CD because it gets boring after a bit.

Even newer bands like Trapped Under Ice and Backtrack get boring fast, even though neither are bad bands.
    inb4lists
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    trapped under ice is boring? thats just ridiculous and wrong, it all is. argument is pointless. smoke cigarettes at the gas pump. i'm done.
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    nah. just so much wut.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    So what I gathered in this thread from the last day.

We are still arguing over the same shit we were when the original forum started.
    Some still think they are clever in cool by switching the band names.
    I think facefuck finally made himself not look stupid and Georges debate skills are elementary.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Your quips are about as clever as the new people on here.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    So back to Iron Gaiden sucking....... =))
  • Hybrid69Hybrid69 Posts: 165 juggalo
    I don't understand metalcore.....it's like - hardcore punk mixed with metal but I hear NONE of this in actual metalcore - it's all depressed sounding (not emo) and screaming with some melody. How did this evolve from the likes of Black Flag and Minor Threat??
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,793 spicy boy
    i think the core tag is stupid. hardcore doesn't have breakdowns. i'm not really sure where they came from. just lazy songwriting
    It's pretty simple

Metal = cuz it's teal music
    Core = breakdowns
    hardcore doesn't have breakdowns though :-?
    Idk then it's the harsh vox and rowdy live sets then I guess

That's the only connections I can think of
  • Hybrid69Hybrid69 Posts: 165 juggalo
    Hardcore Punk = Black Flag, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Cro-Mags, Dead Kennedys. Metal(at the time) = Sabbath, Priest, Maiden, Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, etc. - NOW, listen to KSE, Trivium, ATR (before they sold out), Shadows Fall, early A7X, early BFMV, etc. and tell me where the FUCK do you hear any influences from the hardcore punk or metal?? I hear NO depressed sounding melodies or screaming in any of those hardcore punk & metal bands mentioned. *FALSE LABELING*
    i agree. i've never got the label

it's just bad alt-rock with metal leanings
  • Number1RamsFanNumber1RamsFan Posts: 9,355 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Hardcore most certainly does have breakdowns