Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

official mayhem fest 2015 thread.

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    SATAN said:

I choose to kinda unremember everything Sabbath did after 'Sabotage'. Some of it is historically bad

They also did some of their best work after that period :-??
  • Hybrid69Hybrid69 Posts: 165 juggalo
    Dio is a obviously a much better singer than Phil and Ozzy, but personally I think Phil is the best metal vocalist aside from Halford.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy

SATAN said:

I choose to kinda unremember everything Sabbath did after 'Sabotage'. Some of it is historically bad

I'll respectfully disagree on that. I tried recently to listen to the Dio stuff again and give it another chance and ended up just laughing at a lot of it
    Hybrid69 said:

Dio is a obviously a much better singer than Phil and Ozzy, but personally I think Phil is the best metal vocalist aside from Halford.

Anselmo used to be the most versatile frontman in metal. Even now, he can still do everything but the high register shit. Most metal vocalists are one trick ponies
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Its just different for different times.. Sabbath was extremely heavy a for their time, I truly believe if it wasn't for them heavy music would be so different right now. Pantera saved heavy metal. If I really had to choose I guess it'd be Sabbath>all but Pantera is a close 2nd for me. Like its been mentioned though Sabbath had a couple albums fail to where everything Pantera touched turned to heavy metal gold.
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Hybrid69Hybrid69 Posts: 165 juggalo
    SATAN said:

Hybrid69 said:

Anselmo used to be the most versatile frontman in metal. Even now, he can still do everything but the high register shit. Most metal vocalists are one trick ponies
    True, but if you heard 'em live Bruce Dickinson & Rob Halford can STILL do the shit they could 30 years ago
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies

What's wigger hardcore?

Terror
    Dude you are such a rookie. You just got into hardcore last week and are trashing some of the most important bands in the genre. You prolly don't even know about bands like Warzone, Trial, Ignite, ect... Take a seat son. The ghost inside is not hardcore. Need to check yourself before you get smacked up at a show for wearing a letlive shirt talking shit on the truth. We're a minor threat, outcast. Florida must suck.
    Lol I've been into hardcore a little longer than "last week".

"some of the most important bands in the genre"

Megadeth are one of the most important thrash bands, therefore Megadeth > if we go by importance over actual talent.

Terror is a straight hardcore band, there's no bells and whistles, no extra flare, they are JUST a hardcore band. Their lyrics can be pretentious at times, and most of their music sounds the same.

Were/are they influential to modern hardcore? Of course, no argument there. But as far as musicianship/songwriting goes, there are a ton of bands that do what they do better. Same with Madball, H20 etc.
    -

And fuck off with thinking TGI type "hardcore" is what I'm into, my favorite bands are Integrity, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Bane, Ignite, Sick Of It All, All Out War. When it comes to experimental/post/punk/alternative hardcore, I go with Glassjaw, Thrice, Blindside, Deadguy, Poison The Well and the first two Senses Fail records.
    --

Just cause I'm younger and I haven't been into hardcore as long as you (you're several years older so that shouldn't be a surprise anyways) doesn't mean I don't know anything about it.

=;
    inb4lists
    I don't care really though. That operatic, high register shit it dildos. They could screech it out just perfect and I'd still be either laughing or snoring, depending on what drug I'm on

What's wigger hardcore?

Terror
    Dude you are such a rookie. You just got into hardcore last week and are trashing some of the most important bands in the genre. You prolly don't even know about bands like Warzone, Trial, Ignite, ect... Take a seat son. The ghost inside is not hardcore. Need to check yourself before you get smacked up at a show for wearing a letlive shirt talking shit on the truth. We're a minor threat, outcast. Florida must suck.

Megadeth are one of the most important thrash bands, therefore Megadeth > if we go by importance over actual talent.

Terror is a straight hardcore band, there's no bells and whistles, no extra flare, they are JUST a hardcore band. Their lyrics can be pretentious at times, and most of their music sounds the same.

Were/are they influential to modern hardcore? Of course, no argument there. But as far as musicianship/songwriting goes, there are a ton of bands that do what they do better. Same with Madball, H20 etc.
    -

And fuck off with thinking TGI type "hardcore" is what I'm into, my favorite bands are Integrity, Minor Threat, Bad Brains, Bane, Ignite, Sick Of It All, All Out War. When it comes to experimental/post/punk/alternative hardcore, I go with Glassjaw, Thrice, Blindside, Deadguy, Poison The Well and the first two Senses Fail records.
    --

Just cause I'm younger and I haven't been into hardcore as long as you (you're several years older so that shouldn't be a surprise anyways) doesn't mean I don't know anything about it.

=;
    Top 5 Bad Brains songs :!!

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    edited March 2014
    Hybrid69 said:

Wow. You fuckers hate Dio now too?? This place is completely unrespectable.

There are plenty of Maiden/Priest/Dio fans on this forum. These arguments were just put to bed long ago here.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    In no actual order

Pay To Cum
    Re-Ignition
    Banned In DC
    House Of Suffering
    I
    inb4lists
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 10,361 balls deep
    Maiden/Dio \m/
    Priest :-q
    Mayhem Denver '08, Albuquereque '09/'10/'11 2012 ????????? peyton manning broncos Pictures, Images and Photos
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers

What's wigger hardcore?

Terror

-

--

=;
    why does someone have to have a gimmick to be a good band. yeah no bells and whistles, cause we dont need that shit. be yourself, speak the truth, thats what terror's about, that's what hardcore is about.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
    Y'all need to stop this retard shit. Dio, Dickinson, and Halford are all legends.

As the Hicks would say: Case. Fucking. Closed.

HALLOOOOOWED BE THYYYYY NAAAAAAAAME

edited March 2014
    I don't know how Deadguy and Senses Fail got put in the same box
    Xenocide said:

Y'all need to stop this retard shit. Dio, Dickinson, and Halford are all legends.

As the Hicks would say: Case. Fucking. Closed.

HALLOOOOOWED BE THYYYYY NAAAAAAAAME

they all sound like whitney houston.
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    SATAN said:

SATAN said:

I'll respectfully disagree on that. I tried recently to listen to the Dio stuff again and give it another chance and ended up just laughing at a lot of it
    Dio > Ozzy
    Although Iommi wrote better riffs under Ozzy