Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Why I'll NEVER stick up for slipknot again... fuckin divas

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I've found it easier to meet bands at smaller club shows. I guess it's easy at festivals if you wanna pay to meet em almost everytime
    imageimage
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    that line for slipknot was way too long and not worth the 20 dollar cd price.
  • lokisrevengelokisrevenge Posts: 275 just the tip
    It is easier at clubs ......but I have met and got great pics and even partied with bands at festivals if you seen my fb page you'd see it's what I do.When I arrive at a festival the 1st thing I do is go on a mission to find good spots to get pics & autographs.There's only one venue in Pittsburgh where I have difficulties ...stage AE
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Eh I'd rather watch the bands on the festival and wait to meet bands at other shows
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I've done it. Especially when a band is playing idgaf about
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers

I could give a shit about meeting the bands. If I happen to run into them or something cool, but there's no way I would ever wait in a line to meet one of them, especially while bands are playing.

I agree with CF. I've seen videos of fan meet and greets and they always look pretty gay. Running into a band member out and about though usually leads to really good conversations. Probably because they are impressed you recognized them and like the attention from real fans.
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Not ripping anyone for wanting to do it, I just personally don't have any desire to. Like I said, if I run into them after shows or after they have played I will talk to them and get a pic.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    the bands call them meet and creeps lol

I could give a shit about meeting the bands. If I happen to run into them or something cool, but there's no way I would ever wait in a line to meet one of them, especially while bands are playing.

most of my friends tailgate and go in later. After checking everything outside I go in a little earlier.Alot of my pics at fests are in the backstage area usually taken early .Aint nothin written in stone though.I f there's a band I already seen 6 0r 7 times on stage I'm likely to go off on a mission
    Waiting in line for Slipknot taught me a lesson thats for sure!!!!
    I'm gonna stick to my clandestine operations I get better pics that way anyhow

I agree with CF. I've seen videos of fan meet and greets and they always look pretty gay. Running into a band member out and about though usually leads to really good conversations. Probably because they are impressed you recognized them and like the attention from real fans.
    TRUE that slipknot fiasco was my 1st attempt at a meet an greet or whatever they want to call it
    I've had great conversations after shows in my own hood
    I met Tom early in the day walking back from cashing my paycheck
    Photobucket
    Ya just never know !!!
    Mikael was cool as hell .He was talking about how every time he comes to town how he drops 1000s$ at my buddys record store
    Photobucket
    Me an Tom after the show.....That man is a conversationist fer sure!!!!1
    Photobucket
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    you've met so many band members @-)
  • GnomezGnomez Posts: 17,550 master of ceremonies
    He's a stalker
    :)) not a stalker........metal papparazzi B-)

you've met so many band members @-)

62 at last count ...or at least ones I have pics with.Some are the same band members different shows and some just didn't make the cut for w/e reason

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I remember after the Whitechapel/After The Burial show earlier this year, after the show we walked back to the parking lot, and we saw these guys walking to this bus/trailer with a couple guitars, so we walk over and our friend Kaitlyn goes over and says "hey excuse me, are you guys in one of the bands?", it's the 2 guitarists from ATB, but they just say "no" and she's like "okay.jpg", and they start laughing a little.
    inb4lists
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer

Mikael was cool as hell .He was talking about how every time he comes to town how he drops 1000s$ at my buddys record store

Which record store?
    imageimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Went to a record store in Atlanta once, apparently Robert Plant visited it only hours before i was there.
    inb4lists