Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Baroness Involved In Bus Crash

TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited August 2012 in News
http://www.metalinsider.net/bad-news/breaking-baroness-involved-in-bus-crash

Two are in serious condition following an accident earlier today involving Baroness’ tour bus. According to the BBC, two members of the band became trapped in the bus when it fell 30 feet down a Ravine near Bath, England. According to the report, nine people were on board the bus,with the two trapped injured most seriously. It’s not yet known who the injured are. Apparently, there was heavy rain in the area, which may have led to the accident. The band had played at the Fleece in Bristol on Tuesday, and were scheduled to play in Southhampton tonight. This is obviously a breaking story, and we’ll bring you more as soon as we have more to tell you.

[update] According to the Telegraph, one of the two most seriously injured was the bus driver.

Comments

• NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Hopefully everybody turns up okay.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I wish nothing but the best for them.
    I love winning with women
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,793 spicy boy

Alex said:

• SGNL_05SGNL_05 Posts: 3,501 just the tip
    SATAN said:

Alex said:

• TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    As many Baroness fans on this site and elsewhere have pointed out, the lack of details surrounding the Baroness bus accident in the U.K. is troubling, particularly concerning the condition of the two “seriously injured” passengers. A number of news reports have appeared throughout the day with different bits of information, so this is our attempt at cobbling together as complete a picture as possible given what we know.

It appears certain that it was raining heavily at the time of the accident (around 11:30am local time), and that the crummy weather played at least some part in what happened.

Tony Cook, 61, witnessed the event while he was working on a property at the bottom of Brassknocker Hill, where the bus went off the viaduct. From The Mirror:

At the top of the hill it is quite windy so they were going quite slow and seemed to be taking it quite carefully. It was torrential rain – it was like one of these eastern storms or something, it was like a river down here. Whether the brakes went at the bottom or, what the driver said to one of my blokes, was that the steering went, he couldn’t get around the coroner, so whether the hydraulics or something went, I don’t know. When we got down there the driver was hanging out of front of the coach, but his legs were trapped so we had to free him and get him back and comfortable. Then we got some ladders down there so that the people that were conscious inside could get out. We just got the people to the side of the road and made them comfortable and just helped where we could because obviously there was quite a bit of commotion, screaming and that, but then the police and the ambulance got here and they took over. It was a left-hand drive, German coach, and inside there were all fairy lights, but it was all quite a mess by the time we got there. First of all you think maybe his brakes went, but I don’t think he would have got quite as far around, but he said he couldn’t steer around the corner, so it could have been that he was going too fast, but it could be a combination of things.

The Mirror and Yahoo both concur that seven of the bus’s nine passengers were able to get out of the wrecked bus by themselves. The remaining two, one of whom was the driver and the other of whom the identity is not known, had to be cut free with hydraulic tools by the fire department. Those two suffered the “most serious injuries,” according to The Mirror – including “multiple fractures” — and were taken to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol while the remaining seven suffered ”more minor injuries” and were taken to the Royal United Hospital in Bath.

The good news is that both sources claim that none of the injuries are life-threatening. The bad news is that “not life-threatening” still leaves a whole lot of room for horrible shit.

A comment left on MetalSucks early today by a user known as “Metalmusictalk” says that according to drummer Allen Blickle’s brother, a friend of the commenter, Blickle has “a cracked vertebrae and possibly a punctured lung.” The commenter also claims that in addition to the bus driver, bassist Matt Maggioni had “bad injuries” as well, although he did not specify what kind of injuries those might be. MetalSucks has not been able to confirm any of this with an official source, so it should be treated purely as speculation.
    http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/08/15/more-details-and-photos-of-the-baroness-u-k-bus-accident/
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19273282

this one says that 2 of them suffered multiple fractures and the rest only had cuts and scratches. the pics look kinda bad
    they just toured with decapitated @-)
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    I hope they're all ok and we get an official update soon. This looked pretty nasty.....
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    SATAN said:

:-SS
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Oh my god, this looks awful...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Update:

The band members of Baroness and their crew are recovering from injuries sustained after their tour bus crashed outside of Bath, England early on Wednesday morning.

John Baizley has broken his left arm and left leg. Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni each suffered fractured vertebrae. All three remain in the hospital as of this writing. Pete Adams has been treated and released from the hospital.

Three of the five crew members who were on the bus have also been treated and released. One member is still undergoing testing. The driver of the bus remains in critical condition.

Please stay tuned for further updates. Thank you for all the support during this extremely difficult time.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Holy shit that fucking sucks. I hope they get better soon.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    God.

Glad to hear they could come back. I wonder if the fractured vertebrae in Maggioni and Blickle resulted in any long term damage...
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Damn hope they all make a full recovery.
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    I saw JLRedWing posted part of the update, this is the full one.

Update: Baroness Band Members Suffer Serious Injuries in Bus Crash
    by: Spencer Kaufman Yesterday
    Baroness

Photo by Jimmy Hubbard

As reported yesterday (Aug. 15), the band Baroness were involved in a horrifying bus accident in England that left several people injured, including the band members themselves. Now, details of the injuries sustained by each of the band members and their crew, as well as the bus driver, have been released.

Three of the four members of Baroness suffered serious injuries in the crash, including frontman John Baizley, drummer Allen Blickle and bassist Matt Maggioni. An official statement posted on the band’s website details the injuries and conditions of each of the individuals who were on the bus at the time of the crash:

Update:

The band members of Baroness and their crew are recovering from injuries sustained after their tour bus crashed outside of Bath, England early on Wednesday morning.

John Baizley has broken his left arm and left leg. Allen Blickle and Matt Maggioni each suffered fractured vertebrae. All three remain in the hospital as of this writing. Pete Adams has been treated and released from the hospital.

Three of the five crew members who were on the bus have also been treated and released. One member is still undergoing testing. The driver of the bus remains in critical condition.

Please stay tuned for further updates. Thank you for all the support during this extremely difficult time.

Loudwire sends its best wishes to Baroness and the other passengers of the bus who were injured in this terrifying accident.
    inb4lists
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Poor dudes :(:(:(:(:(:(
    I'm glad to hear that there's no super severe damage for now.
    I love winning with women