Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Obamacare passed in entirety!!! (Good news for people like me)

Comments

• drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    We just need an open free market.
    That's what we had and it didn't work. There's no such thing as a free market in medicine. The demand for health care is infinite. By extension, the potential price for health care is also infinite.
    oh come on. I agree he is awful... But I have a feeling he is a little bit less of a joke then Palin/McCain.
    I think McCain would have been a fine president, but Palin made his campaign so much more of a shitshow than it could have been. If he had just chosen Ridge or some reasonable candidate, he'd have still lost, but been alright. It was so much worse than it could have been, but yeah, the McCain/Palin administration would have done much worse.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's just a shame how much profit health insurance companies have.
    Yes... I think some of the blame needs to also fall on the bureaucracy created by the medical system to handle the insurance companies and our sue happy legal system.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I like turtles
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Da_MuffinzDa_Muffinz Posts: 2,972 balls deep
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    Insurance companies should only be allowed to run 5% profit or something. They are bankrupting the country
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    for those that are middle class and are not sure what ObamaCare means for you, here's a summary of what happened to RomneyCare in Massachusetts:

1. Bill passed to allow free health care to people that don't get their health care thru employment, or can't afford it.
    2. steps were made to figure out who should qualify for this health care (took a couple years)
    3. Qualifications were made and dumb rules were put on the regulations, like illegal aliens were getting health care over Mass residents, and the income requirements were too low to make any working class person qualify for it
    4. state tax penalties were given for people that don't have health care
    5. Insurance premiums have doubled in the last 2 years
    6. Many insurance plans went from have small copayments to becoming coinsurance with deductables. Mine started at $1500 a year, and is now $5000 a year, before the insurance covers anything
    7. Some critical medications are not covered under the insurance, that were covered before. This means medicine that cost $10 in the past is now costing $100's.
    8. I now have $10k in medical bill debt that i cannot pay
    9. i have applied for help thru the state to pay bills, or maybe get on a plan going forward, but keep on getting rejected because of making too much money, and my immigration status (born and raised in Mass - i have the rejection letter to prove this)
    10. This is what ObamaCare is based on. Both Romney and Obama can fuck themselves
  • Da_MuffinzDa_Muffinz Posts: 2,972 balls deep
    for those that are middle class and are not sure what ObamaCare means for you, here's a summary of what happened to RomneyCare in Massachusetts:

1. Bill passed to allow free health care to people that don't get their health care thru employment, or can't afford it.
    2. steps were made to figure out who should qualify for this health care (took a couple years)
    3. Qualifications were made and dumb rules were put on the regulations, like illegal aliens were getting health care over Mass residents, and the income requirements were too low to make any working class person qualify for it
    4. state tax penalties were given for people that don't have health care
    5. Insurance premiums have doubled in the last 2 years
    6. Many insurance plans went from have small copayments to becoming coinsurance with deductables. Mine started at $1500 a year, and is now $5000 a year, before the insurance covers anything
    7. Some critical medications are not covered under the insurance, that were covered before. This means medicine that cost $10 in the past is now costing $100's.
    8. I now have $10k in medical bill debt that i cannot pay
    9. i have applied for help thru the state to pay bills, or maybe get on a plan going forward, but keep on getting rejected because of making too much money, and my immigration status (born and raised in Mass - i have the rejection letter to prove this)
    10. This is what ObamaCare is based on. Both Romney and Obama can fuck themselves
    Wow man I'm really sorry to hear that.
  • Shanez_WifeShanez_Wife Posts: 2,008 just the tip
    I know for me I have a ton of medical debt and I get the run around from any sort of charity care. I'm scared to even see the exact number I'm in debt. I did have my sister check for me and all I got told was, "Holy shit, you can buy a house if you had this much". Right now, I pay $20 to see the doctor since I'm unemployed for primary care stuff.
  • TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
    this subject fucking pisses me off to no end, once again people like me are going to get screwed and end up paying for everyone else's health care.
    This also helps people in the economy who lose their job and can't afford health insurance.
    For anyone concerned that does have health insurance...
    12.8 Million Americans Receive Insurance Rebates
    Before health care reform, insurance companies routinely spent up to 40% of premiums on overhead and administrative costs. Today, thanks to Obamacare, insurance companies are required to spend at least 80% of your premium on your health care—and if they don’t, you get a rebate. This summer, nearly 12.8 million Americans will start receiving their rebate checks, averaging $151 per household—and totaling more than $1.1 billion.

barackobama.com/healthcare
    a quick dr's appt for me, or one of my children, has cost anywhere from $120 to $1200. i am already at my $5k deductable for this year, with no hospital visits or anything.

Birth of my first son in 2005 cost me $250 copayment (includes a 3 week stay in the NICU), using Tufts healthcare. Birth of my second son in 2011, using United Health (which is a division of tufts) i owe about $5K and paid out about $1k after insurance
    For anyone concerned that does have health insurance...
    12.8 Million Americans Receive Insurance Rebates
    Before health care reform, insurance companies routinely spent up to 40% of premiums on overhead and administrative costs. Today, thanks to Obamacare, insurance companies are required to spend at least 80% of your premium on your health care—and if they don’t, you get a rebate. This summer, nearly 12.8 million Americans will start receiving their rebate checks, averaging $151 per household—and totaling more than $1.1 billion.

barackobama.com/healthcare
    which is why they increased the premiums....
    a quick dr's appt for me, or one of my children, has cost anywhere from $120 to $1200. i am already at my $5k deductable for this year, with no hospital visits or anything.

Birth of my first son in 2005 cost me $250 copayment (includes a 3 week stay in the NICU), using Tufts healthcare. Birth of my second son in 2011, using United Health (which is a division of tufts) i owe about $5K and paid out about $1k after insurance
    In 2006 for the birth of my first daughter... I spent a grand total of 50 dollars. 50. In 2007 (1.5 years later) I spent somewhere between 3k-4k for the birth. Apparently that is when things went crazy.
  • ShaneShane Posts: 15,229 balls deep
    They should make births really expensive. Maybe people will stop shitting them out with reckless abandon
    They should make births really expensive. Maybe people will stop shitting them out with reckless abandon
    low income people will get the free healthcare and keep on multiplying

Unfortunately, they will never TRULY be outrageously expensive since medicare covers pregnant women since pregnancy is a "threat to womens health".
    I was told to get knocked up by Social Services since that will apparently get my health care covered. I NEVER did it because I knew of how much it would cost tax payers and other reasons before I even knew the official diagnosis. I bet you the same person that phrased it of "get on your back and spread your legs for health care" is telling everyone else that too.
    i know some people that got divorces, just to get their families covered by free health care. once their income was taken out, their wife and kids qualified. sucks that people have gone that far.