Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

And the Grammy Award goes to..................

OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
edited December 2011 in Off Topic
Steve Jobs.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/industry_news/steve_jobs_to_receive_grammy_award.html

Former Apple CEO Steve Jobs will be awarded a posthumous Grammy award for his contribution and influence on the music industry.

He will be given the Grammy Trustees Award, which is given to individuals who have made a significant contribution to music in areas other than performance.

Jobs' work on iTunes was considered by many to save the music industry from the clutches of illegal downloading, and set a precedent for the world of invisible digital products we are now accustomed to. Others believe iTunes may have contributed to a decline in music revenues, as buyers can choose to purchase individual songs rather than the full record.

UG plus: remove banner
Along with computing, he had a lifelong obsession with music, frequently citing Bob Dylan and The Beatles as his favorite artists.

"My model for business is The Beatles," he said in 2003. "There were four guys who kept each others', kind of, negative tendencies in check. They balanced each other, and the total was greater than the sum of the parts. And that's how I see business. You know, great things in business are never done by one person. They're done by a team of people."

Other winners of the award include bandleader Dave Bartholomew and engineer Rudy Van Gelder. They will be presented during Grammy week in February.

"It is an honor to recognize such a diverse group of individuals whose talents and achievements have had an indelible impact on our industry," said the Recording Acadamy's president and CEO Neil Portnow (via Gibson).

It is not the first time Apple has been awarded for its contribution to music. The company was recognized with a technical Grammy in 2002 for it's emerging technological contribution.
I love winning with women

Comments