Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Official Mayhem Fest 2012 Thread

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Hey, do you guys think Immortal could headline the mainstage?
    Very funny man.

Immortal has better things to do than waste their time headlining some silly little festival.
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Interesting......

SLIPKNOT percussionist Shawn "Clown" Crahan has posted the following message on his Facebook page:

"I wanted to tell everyone straight from my mouth because you may have heard it already anyway, but SLIPKNOT will be touring by next June in America only, but that does not mean things will not change, and as they do, I will, along with others, tell you, our family, first. No album yet because it is too soon and there are no songs yet because the band needs to come together to write this next one. I cannot wait to feel the ideas like choking on color. Everything happens for a reason, so be ready."

SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor last week tweeted that he is working on a new album with his other band, STONE SOUR, whose third full-length effort, "Audio Secrecy", came out less than a year ago.

SLIPKNOT recently completed a three-week European tour that was the band's first run of dates since the death of bassist Paul Gray in May 2010.

The group concluded its three-week European tour on July 10 with a headlining set at England's Sonisphere festival.

Taylor, who has been unsure of SLIPKNOT's future since Gray's death, told Artisan News that "It's more about trying to figure out what it means to me in this day and age. I mean, I know what the original music means to me; it's something that I will always be proud of. I'm trying to figure out what the next steps are. And without Paul, and the way that the turmoil in the band is right now, it's gonna take some time. The tour went really well that we just did, so that's a step in the right direction. But there's still a lot of things that we've gotta work on before we can run back in and be like, 'OK, let's do another album.' It's like, let's slow down a little bit. It's here if we want it. But if we make the wrong choices for the wrong reasons, then it could all [snaps fingers] go like that, and I don't wanna be a part of that."
    I love winning with women
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    coheadlines Mayhemfest 2012/thread
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    you guys are retarded if you want slipknot on mayhem... they better do their own thing
    The only thing that's interesting me is that Mayhem has never started in June, usually early July. Ozzfest, on the other hand...
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    The only thing that's interesting me is that Mayhem has never started in June, usually early July. Ozzfest, on the other hand...
    Yeah, but that's not to say they won't do a couple shows before Mayhem begins.
    I love winning with women
    Yeah, but that's not to say they won't do a couple shows before Mayhem begins.
    Didn't really think of that. True.
    ozzfest is dead and not coming back

I'd rather see slipknot than manson or a7x
    I don't agree with the Ozzfest statement but I do agree with the other one.

You know that there is going to be a "last Ozzfest" in the next few years and Ozzy is going to market the shit out of it.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Black Sabbath reunion is inevitable, and therefore also one more Ozzfest.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    You know that there is going to be a "last Ozzfest" in the next few years and Sharon is going to market the shit out of it.
    Fixed
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    one more ozzfest at 3 dates <_>
    I will not be taking your negativity mister.
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Hopefully it disappears forever *thumbs up*
  • HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ozzfest > Gayhemfest
    Ozzfest > Gayhemfest
    Not this year. lol
    WHATCHA WHATCHA GONNA DO NOW NIGGAAA?

I'll think of something. :P
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    The only song Dope did that was worth anything was Debonaire.
    debonaire is my favorite song by them. Fuck Tha Police is another great one. you should check out the songs 'No Regrets' and 'Die MF Die' and if you care, zakk wylde plays guitar in the song 'Addiction'
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
    edited September 2011
    You know that there is going to be a "last Ozzfest" in the next few years and Sharon is going to market the shit out of it.
    Fixed
    my bad
    The only song Dope did that was worth anything was Debonaire.
    debonaire is my favorite song by them. Fuck Tha Police is another great one. you should check out the songs 'No Regrets' and 'Die MF Die' and if you care, zakk wylde plays guitar in the song 'Addiction'
    My favorite is Nothing For Me Here, because of Guitar Hero 3...
  • TiradesOfTruthTiradesOfTruth Posts: 8,055 destroyer of motherfuckers
    From WolverineKills on Metalsetlists

Heard that Jasta has been trying to get Hatebreed on 2012. My source said he heard the words come out of Jasta's mouth. I was guessing eOne would secure a slot for Hatebreed/BLS/Down but since Jasta has played twice already I think its a likely bet we will see Hatebreed headline a side stage in 2012.

I would love to see Hatebreed again they never get old imo.
    I've been trying to figure out if AILD will headline a side stage or open main stage... it seems like it could go either way.