Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Extra ticket for Accept / Kings X in foxboro

laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
edited September 2010 in Off Topic
I have an extra ticket for the Accept / Kings X show at Showcase Live in foxboro, MA, if anyone's interested.

Comments

• Alec29Alec29 Posts: 3,864 juggalo
    Laurie's not going?
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    no, we can't get a sitter that late. Shows gonna end around midnight, and the meet and greet is after, about an hour drive home afterwards. She doesn't know who Accept is anyways
    and for anyone unfamiliar with Accept, here's their new single

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RzBp6sGju4
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    accept is pwnage (dunno if i would ever see them without UDO)
    free tickets plus UDO saying he'll never front Accept again means best we can get. new singer is very good
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    King's X makes this an instant go for me, but I live to far :(
    Accept has one of their best songs on the Hear N aid CD. Love up to the Limit
    40 minutes left of computer access...going once....going twice....
    Awesome show last night. I ended up going solo.

I got to the venue around 5PM, picked up my tickets and meet and greet passes and walked around Patriot Place for while. First time i was able to walk around and just check things out. Waited back in front of Showcase Live at about 5:45PM to try to sell the extra ticket, which i did for $10. I went into SCL at about 6:10PM, got a seat and had dinner. I got the baked ravioli as my free appetizer and a chicken sandwich as my meal. Overall, pretty good. They need a better selection on their menu. i had groups of people on both sides of me that were all pretty cool.

Kings X came on at 8PM exactly. They played for about 75 minutes and wow, they were a lot better than expected. It was my first time really listening to them. Songs i remember are Over My Head, dogman and Power of Love. I always thought they were an 80's hair band, but they are more like a stoner rock band that combines all sorts of types of music into their sound. Crowd was really into it and the band fed off their energy. 8/10

after Kings X i thought i would try to get as close as i could to the stage, while the Kings X fans were going to their meet and greet. I got a spot on the rail for Accept :). On the right side of me was a group a younger kids with long hair that got a bit wild at times. On my left was a german bald dude that was a vaccuum cleaner for guitar picks. He got like 4 of them.

Accept came on at 9:45PM and played to about 11:20PM. From start to finish an incredible set. New stuff blended excellent with the new stuff, and the new singer sounded great.

Accept's set list:
    Starlight
    Living For Tonight
    Breaker
    Teutonic Terror
    The Abyss
    Restless and Wild
    Son of a Bitch
    Metal Heart
    Neon Nights
    Bulletproof
    No Shelter
    Flash Rocking Man
    Up to the Limit
    Midnight Mover
    Fast as a Shark
    encore:
    Pandemic
    Princess of the Dawn
    Balls to the Wall

i didnt catch any picks or anything. i figured i was meeting them at the meet and greet so why fight over anything. 10/10 - one of the best shows of the year

Meet and greet wasnt as good as i thought it would be. What happened is that people without meet and greet passes waited in a line by the merch table, while we were in a line in the venue waiting for Accept to come out. they spent about 10 minutes with us. I didnt get anything signed, but i got my picture taken with both guitaists, and shook hands with the bassist and the singer. Security made Accept leave our area and go to the merch table, where a huge line was waiting. I decided at this point to call it a night.

• StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    Wolf Hoffmann's solo album is AMAZING!