Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Xeno said:
    See I don't get why you say that, mechanics in Vanguard feel slower to me, like throwables and whatnot. I mainly use speed-oriented SMGs in hardcore S&D and the MP40 without a stock handles almost identically to a stockless Bizon in MW.
    Yea equipment and mechanics are slower, it still bugs me how fucking slow the stim shot is lol, but that’s literally the only thing that’s slower in Vanguard. The actual physical movement in MW is turtle slow and feels like you’re weighed down. It’s clunky and jus straight up feels bad to play. Even Cold War is faster and it don’t even have tactical sprint. I had this conversation wit somebody else and he kept arguing “WELL IF YOU STAY SLIDE CANCELING THEN IT’S FASTER.” but even then, you have to stay in a constant state of slide canceling to effectively do it and keep resetting the tactical sprint, meaning constantly entering a button combo jus to move around, and even doing THAT is still not as fast as the base sprint or tactical sprint in both Cold War and Vanguard. Slide canceling is moreso a dodging maneuver in Vanguard, which is it’s intended purpose, as opposed to a necessity for basic “fast” movement like in MW. But on top of that, literally every other movement is jus slow as fuck in MW, reloading on almost any gun takes centuries, even wit Sleight Of Hand attached, and the ADS is atrocious on pretty much every class. And then when you fix it and try to max out ADS, it either too drastically reduces damage, or too drastically increases recoil and makes it impossible to control. It’s too much of a trade off and never feels like there’s a sweet spot.

All of these faults, down to the maps, are due to way too much of a hyper fixation on realism, which 10 times out of 10 does not make for a better video game. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
    It does if that's what you want
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Wait did he just say all of vanguards faults come down to their efforts to be hyper realistic? Lol
    No, Modern Warfare 2019's
    Got the Lenovo Legion Slim 7 last week and I love it. The old gaming laptop my buddy let me use was blue screening constantly
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,645 jayfacer
    Modern Warfare 2019 has been one of the only enjoyable cod games since world at War the fuck 
    Xeno said:
    Call of duty has never tried to be hyper realistic imo
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,621 master of ceremonies
    Wonder if we are gonna get a "No China" instead of "No Russian" =)
    Xeno said:
    Call of duty has never tried to be hyper realistic imo
    Semantics, it was compared to every other one that had come out in the previous decade
    Damn good pickup. Those CRTs are starting to cost a pretty penny 
    Red dead on pc is just otherworldly in the graphic department. 

I always knew pc was better graphically, hut I thought consoles had caught up more. 

Probably playing a lot of single player games on pc moving forward lol
    Im also considering cyberpunk again after the most recent update  lol
    Jus finished the Atomic grind on Vanguard. 2 CODs in a row now that I finished the mastery camos. It’s basically like Damascus from MW19 but better cause it moves and looks like liquid. It is finally done. Good night sweet Prince. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

So I got back on Elden Ring, realized a 2 week hiatus from it quickly flew by and I fell off. So I start streaming it and that kid that gave me all those runes like IMMEDIATELY hops on the stream and starts bugging me to play co-op wit me. He’s been doing it every time ever since that first day. 😐 Like dude is literally max level, 713 or whatever it is, and said he beat the game like 30+ times. I’m already pretty OP, I’m tryna actually enjoy it and run thru it myself, not have you hold my hand and essentially one hit every single boss. 😐
    I love Elden Ring, but all the reviews saying the open world was flawless and different and everything you run into is unique was straight up dickriding and lying lmao. I finished Raya Lucaria so I been going around the rest of Liurnia, mopping up all the side dungeons and side bosses before I move on, and there has been dungeons and caves that were basically IDENTICAL to 4-5 I had been in before.

Game is great, but the side shit and the map itself is standard open world fare, mfs really tried to act like they were doing something groundbreakingly different jus cause it’s Souls lmao.
    Well the dungeons being similar is nothing nee, but the entire rest of the map is unique.

the whole idea of the dungeons is the reward at the end of them. You stole all the joy out of the game so you are not going to appreciate it.

there are tons of points on the map that you dont even know are accessible until you are transported from some portal there lol. The map is cool af
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,202 mod
    Need Valve to hurry up and send me my Steam Deck invoice :!!

Well the dungeons being similar is nothing nee, but the entire rest of the map is unique.

the whole idea of the dungeons is the reward at the end of them. You stole all the joy out of the game so you are not going to appreciate it.

there are tons of points on the map that you dont even know are accessible until you are transported from some portal there lol. The map is cool af
    I didn’t steal any joy out of the game. 😐 The bosses at the end of them have all been dope for the most part and I’ve loved their designs, but that doesn’t change the fact that the actual dungeon designs and layouts are basically identical at points. That wouldn’t change even if I was lower leveled. 😐
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    Yea, you're SUPPOSED to level your ass up in those games. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?