Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Started the Demons Souls remake. Wasnt originally planning to get it, but got it for my birthday, and I love the PS3 version and have been meaning to play it again, so it all worked out. 

So far gameplay is 1:1 but the atmosphere is very different. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Man the fast travel system in Forza Horizon 5 is literally the WOAT.

You’re initially limited to only being able to fast travel to safe houses, and even then you have to PAY $10,000 every time. So in order to fast travel anywhere, you have to buy a specific safe house that costs $2,000,000, and even after that, in order for each fast travel to be free, you need to destroy all 50 fast travel boards, cause each one brings the cost down by $200 each. Because of how massive the map is, even destroying the boards is like a 2 hour job, and that’s not counting the time it takes to save up $2,000,000. 

Shit is such an unnecessary bullshit ass system. Fast travel points should jus be unlocked as you explore the map, jus like any open world game.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,404 spicy boy
    I never noticed. I dont really have a need to fast travel on that game. I just do whatever is around me. 
    Why is a racing game even open world? Lol
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Bro you never played Need For Speed Underground as a kid? 
    The only Need For Speed I've played was Hot Pursuit on the PS1
    I got Rocksmith, and it's pretty legit. 

I've been feeling like I plateaued with my guitar playing, and I hate learning covers. So I've been looking for something to spice up my practice a little bit. I like that it offers some real practice tools, and technique lessons. And it makes learning songs so much more fun, engaging, and enjoyable. The ability to slow down a song, and repeat parts to really nail it is super useful. And it has some good songs too. Been learning some Rob Zombie, Trivium, Dethklok, Bush, etc. 
    The Underground series was lit. It was an open world game that focused on street racing. You'd drive around the city looking for races to join. The open world aspect was crucial. 
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Because is works great for most racing games lmao. Mindless driving around whenever you want, also Horizon has a combo system which unlocks perks so it's fun as hell to tear through the countryside trying to avoid wiping out
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    The Underground series was lit. It was an open world game that focused on street racing. You'd drive around the city looking for races to join. The open world aspect was crucial. 
    Midnight Club, too
    Microsoft bought Activision-Blizzard
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,404 spicy boy
    Yeah. Idk if that gets me excited for game pass or not. They are straight just buying everything though lol. 
    I might have to buy an Xbox
    This means Raven Soft and Id are under the same roof! Hopefully Raven Soft will be free from being a Call Of Duty slave and can actually make some good FPS again, hopefully Wolfenstein. This also means, Wolfenstein 2009 can, hopefully, finally be released digitally. 

Xbox owns Crash and Spyro - the old Playstation mascot. They already own Banjo, and Conker - old Nintendo mascots. 

Xbox owns Warcraft, Starcraft, Diablo, Overwatch, Call Of Duty... so potentially all Xbox/PC exclusive in the future. 

Microsoft could potentially clean house, and save Blizzard. 

All of those games could come to Gamepass!
    IF XBOX FREES RAVEN SOFT AND THEY MAKE A NEW HEXEN/HERETIC I WILL SUCK OFF MASTER CHIEF HIMSELF
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,201 mod
    Sony fuckin up

Damn I wonder if that means COD will be PC/Xbox exclusive now. I feel like something will be worked out to keep it cross platform. That’s too much money left on the table for such a massive franchise, especially when the majority of the player base is on PlayStation.
    They've already said they plan to keep it multiplatform. But that's just COD. who knows with the hundred other franchises Activision has
    Finally finished Forza Horizon 5. Clocked in at 38 1/2 hours. I didn’t even “finish” finish it because I didn’t really do the non-racing stuff like the drift zones, speed traps, danger signs, etc., but I won every single actual race in the game and finished all the campaign shit so I’m satisfied. That’s basically how I played the last Need For Speed too, didn’t really bother wit the drift zones and shit.

Prolly gotta be the overall best racing game I ever played, it deserved all the accolades. Only reason I’m not giving it a perfect 10 is the fact that the steering wheel support isn’t the best and when you’re a flagship franchise in the racing genre, it absolutely should be a priority. Don’t get me wrong, wit the right settings, it’s still overall satisfying, and I played 90% of the game using strictly the steering wheel. Where the issue lies tho, is that it only works optimally wit specific cars and tunings. So for all the “side” races on the open world where I could use my customized cars, those would all handle well because I had tunings that specifically worked well wit the wheel, but on the campaign missions where you’re assigned random cars specific to each mission, it was a dice roll, and a lot of those handled like complete dogshit, forcing me to switch to controller to finish them. Off-road missions were especially bad in this regard because every single car they gave me would spin out of control off-road while using the wheel. Even for the side off-road races where I could use my own cars, I was only able to find one car and tuning that controlled well wit the wheel, which was the Mitsubishi Lancer. Matter fact that car specifically controlled extremely well off-road, and it was almost impossible to spin out in it. I was gliding that bitch and it ended up making the cross country and dirt races my favorite to complete. But it’s a shame that I could only find one car that controlled that well on dirt. Of course on controller, any off-road car was fine, but on wheel it was a different ballgame. I’m sure that’s not the ONLY off-road car that controls well using a wheel, and I coulda found more if I took the time, but still, it shouldn’t even be like that, and that comes down to an optimization issue. So hopefully by time FH6 rolls around, it’ll be perfected. Apparently FH4 was basically unplayable on a wheel, so huge progress was already made from then til now. I never played FH4 tho.

Overall tho, amazing fucking game, and definitely a completely different experience being my first racing game using a wheel. Extremely satisfying as you notice yourself getting more comfortable and acclimated to it and you jus start gliding around courses and pulling off nasty ass turns. 9.5/10
    Next up is the Halo Infinite campaign finally. 🤘🏻🤘🏻