Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Cyberpunk got got delayed again smh.

dec 10 now
    I didn’t plan on playing until I can play on PS5, and the next gen versions don’t even drop til 2021. So things are still the same for me either way. 🤣
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    First one or the tawna level on the pirate ship

Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Cyberpunk got got delayed again smh.

dec 10 now
    I didn’t plan on playing until I can play on PS5, and the next gen versions don’t even drop til 2021. So things are still the same for me either way. 🤣
    Damn, I didn’t know that. Now i dont even really care about getting a series x on launch day. 

Im still going to try just for the fun of it, but that sucks. 

Its really underwhelming that most of the games coming out now wont be that much different. Going to need a year or two like every generation. 
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    The cloud version of Control on the switch works pretty well. 
    Didn't have any lag or frame rate drops
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    edited October 2020
    Finished Samurai Jack. Dope lil game. I never really watched the show like that. I do remember I used to throw it on as a kid but I definitely never kept up wit it or finished it. So an actual fan of the show would prolly enjoy this even more. Definitely short. Took me about 7 hours. But being that it already ain’t a full priced game I ain’t mad about that. Combat is a bit wonky and the parry honestly sucks, it coulda been way more fluid overall. But it was serviceable enough. Game gets retarded hard at the end and I was only on normal and there’s 2 difficulties above it lmao. Definitely glad I checked it out, but I would prolly say to wait until it drops to $30 or $20 (It’s $40 normally.)

There was one random gripe I had, but it might be right in line wit the show, in which case this is irrelevant, but the soundtrack felt so out of place. There was parts where there were Hip Hop beats, funky Jazz like beats, etc., and it never felt like it belonged to either the overall aesthetic or even the individual world that it would play in. The last game I played that was anything like this was Ghost Of Tsushima and obviously that’s a realistic traditional game that’s based on real life Japanese samurais, so all the music fit exactly that and was historically accurate. I’m not sure if the show had that same more realistic Japanese feel to it, or if it was jus as off the wall, but either way it was definitely a lil distracting in the game. 

7/10
    edited October 2020
    Strongly strongly considering finally pulling the trigger on Cuphead. I’ve always wanted to because I adore the art style but as previously mentioned I avoided it because of the difficulty. But everything I seen online has said that Crash 4 is literally harder than Cuphead by a long shot. So now that I suffered thru all that, Cuphead can’t possibly be any worse. Plus it’s only $20. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Will prolly cop on Switch tho so that the trophies don’t even exist and I can simply jus play through it normally lmao.
    Yeah. I mean its hard,  but its not unforgiving. 
    Not looking to good as far as my chances of scoring a series X on release day. Everyone is doing online only. 

Maybe gamestop isnt idk. 

But looks like my best bet is going to be target. 

[-O<
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    No More Heroes and No More Heroes 2 Switch ports were released yesterday. No More Heroes 3 out next year.

https://youtu.be/TGi40VO9ce4
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    Finally started Super Mario 3D All Stars. 64 really aged like milk. 😬 Might not even finish 64 tbh this is really jarring to play. I mainly wanted this for Sunshine and Galaxy anyways. Plus 64 is the only one I’ve already beat, I was 1 when it originally came out so I beat the re-release on DS lol.

64 really should have gotten a full blown remake tho at the very least even if all 3 weren’t remakes.
    My God the camera is fucking terrible lmfao. Why could that not have been fixed at least?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Nostalgia aside, it’s the worst 3D Mario. Especially after playing Odyssey. It’s not it’s fault it’s jus a product of it’s time but I really don’t see why they couldn’t jus do the full remake all these years later.
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Jimmies rustled
    edited October 2020
    I mean not really lol. It’s jus laziness on Nintendo’s part. Do you know how much better All Stars would have sold if all 3 were full blown remakes instead? Galaxy didn’t need it but at least the first 2.
    Post edited by EpisodeMnH on
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    Can’t decide if I’m gonna play 64 or sunshine after galaxy 
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    I mean not really lol. It’s jus laziness on Nintendo’s part. Do you know how much better All Stars would have sold if all 3 were full blown remakes instead? Galaxy didn’t need it but at least the first 2.
    Eh I prefer ports tbh. 

Sick of the remake trend. I like original games left alone most of the time. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    Pa5 and series x restocks hitting Black Friday 
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,644 jayfacer
    Strongly strongly considering finally pulling the trigger on Cuphead. I’ve always wanted to because I adore the art style but as previously mentioned I avoided it because of the difficulty. But everything I seen online has said that Crash 4 is literally harder than Cuphead by a long shot. So now that I suffered thru all that, Cuphead can’t possibly be any worse. Plus it’s only $20. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Will prolly cop on Switch tho so that the trophies don’t even exist and I can simply jus play through it normally lmao.
     Got the platinum for it 😎 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    @Episode @Dime2 @MetalSynthades play Super Meat Boy you cowards