Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***Official Video Games Thread***

Comments

• Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,440 moneytalker
    Cliff notes?
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    Cliff notes?
    Daemon x Machina, Astral Chain, Hollow Knight: Silksong, Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion 3, Super Lucky's Tale, Mario Maker 2, new Contra, Dark Crystal, Ultimate Alliance 3, and Trials of Mana, No More Heroes 3, Breath of the Wild 2
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
    MetalCoresades said: Super Lucky's Tale
    Doesn't count, it's a Microsoft Studio game that's been on xbox for years
    Xeno said:
    MetalCoresades said: Super Lucky's Tale
    Doesn't count, it's a Microsoft Studio game that's been on xbox for years
    Still coming to Switch 
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Ni no Kuni getting a Switch release too, excited to play that for myself.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • Ace_Deputy_CheezeAce_Deputy_Cheeze Posts: 14,736 jayfacer
    Hollow knight finally clicked 
    Been playing all weekend 
    Deputy_Cheeze's Profile Page Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    Hollow knight finally clicked 
    Been playing all weekend 
    BROOOOO ONE OF US

• EpisodeEpisode Posts: 32,049 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Anybody pick up Days Gone? Pretty far into it and I love it. Had a very slow start but once everything starts opening up it’s addicting. Reminds me of a hybrid of like TLOU and Horizon Zero Dawn.
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    My brother got it will probably borrow it off him. Looks interesting
    Got the platinum for Days Gone. VERY long game but yea after spending so much time wit it I can definitely say it’s up there as far as open world games go. Game is fantastic. Reviewers hoed the fuck out this game and it’s a shame. I know it released really buggy but I got the game bout a month and a half after release and it was already patched and I ran into essentially zero glitches. Game crashed on me ONCE in 70+ hours of play and there were some bad framerate drops but that’s about it.
    Picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 today tho. Been way too hype to start this shit. 🤘🏻
    Been playing DMC 5, and Bayonetta lately. Along with some N64 games. Beat Earthworm Jim 3D, and started Toy Story 2. 

Once I finish DMC5, Im going to put some time into Rage 2 before DOOM Eternal comes out. 
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Episode said:
    Picked up Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 today tho. Been way too hype to start this shit. 🤘🏻
    Its pretty fun
    I played the first Ultimate Alliance several years ago and remember it being fun but haven't revisited in ages.
    Did any of yall pick up CTR Nitro Fueled? Game is great but I forgot how much legitimately harder it is than Mario Kart lmao. On Mario Kart 8 I can beat even 200cc. On CTR I jus now got good enough to 1st place normal and I’m finally bout to attempt hard lmao. The power sliding mechanic is almost counterintuitive since you have to turn AGAINST the drift, which is a shame since it’s so essential. Whereas Mario Kart controls more natural like a “real” racing game like Need For Speed, Midnight Club, etc.
    I was never a fan of the original tbh but my entire house hold each picked up a copy lol the best I've managed to do so far is place 4th. 
    Yea Ultimate Alliance 3 is game of the year for me only behind Kingdom Hearts 3. It’s not mindblowing in it’s mechanics or anything but fuck it is jus FUN. Like that back to basics arcade style fun like what video games should be. Shit gets insanely addicting once you beat the game and start grinding out the Infinity Trials. 

Only complaint is that when it comes to efficiency, especially on the higher difficulties, you don’t have “actual” choice when it comes to building your team if you want the strongest possible outcome. For instance, the team I’m running is Daredevil, Ms. Marvel, Thor, and Wasp. And Ms. Marvel and Wasp specifically would have never been on my team if I was picking actual favorites, but as it stands, those 2 are literally the most lethal characters in the game because of their synergies. It’s convenient that Daredevil is simultaneously one of the top 3 in the game and also arguably my favorite Marvel character period, but if I was able to build a team of actual favorites it would look more like Black Panther, Daredevil, Doctor Strange, and Thanos. Hoping Moon Knight and Punisher are monsters when their DLC pack drops.
    For me its a toss up between Kingdom Hearts 3 and Devil May Cry 5. But Im just starting to get into new games from this year. I started Gato Roboto, and its lit so far though. 
    edited August 2019
    On the gambit to get to from this year:

Gato Roboto
    Rage 2
    DOOM: Eternal
    Amid Evil
    Devolver Bootleg
    Metaloid: Origins
    Shantae 5
    Hedon
    Memoirs of Magic
    Ion Fury
    Astral Chain
    Daemon x Machina
    Bloodstained
    Wargroove
    Yoshi's Crafted World 

And then some remasters like Crash Racing, and Metal Wolf Chaos. 
    Speaking of Crash, finally at a point where I’m on hard and managed to get 1st in the first 2 races, but honestly I don’t feel like I even want to finish the adventure mode on hard. Even being actually good enough to even win on hard, it’s the cheapest kind of difficulty I ever seen in my life. It’s even more item reliant than Mario Kart is. Only on hard cause it’s not an issue at all on normal, to the point that it was actually a heavy preference over Mario Kart cause it makes it more skill reliant rather than hoping you don’t get fucked by items. That all goes completely out the window on hard to a disgusting level lmao. Spent over an hour of replays jus to get the cup in TWO tracks. And every L was essentially the exact same story: Race perfectly, keep a constant turbo thru all 3 laps, hit every shortcut, stay in 1st the whole race, only to get conveniently hit by a rocket right before the finish line and drop to 8th in .2 seconds. Shit is so fucking cheap and the kind of difficulty I can’t STAND is when you win by chance.