Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Tattoos? POST EM!

Comments

• EpisodeMnHEpisodeMnH Posts: 4,585 jayfacer
    Legs are one area I haven’t touched yet but I can imagine that whole ankle/foot area is bullshit lmao.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    I’ll post all the photos when it’s done. Finally session for this half of my leg is end of May. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Dime2Dime2 Posts: 2,644 jayfacer
    Legs are one area I haven’t touched yet but I can imagine that whole ankle/foot area is bullshit lmao.
     It's more uncomfortable than anything 
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Yeah id way rather get my leg done than my neck lol it just sucks how you have to sit.
    Since it is a sleeve I had to sit every way imaginable to get it done. 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    Changed my mind here you go. 

Shit is clean.
    I’m pretty damn happy with it. My artist is awesome share all the same music interests and shit we just got along well so it wasn’t hard to sit that long since we just chatted most of the time 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    Shit is clean.

Pass the god damn butter.
    It’s a dope tattoo but the more you look the more issues you can see. Some of those lines are smooth af. Others you can clearly see where lines that were done in different passes meet up. Or where they don’t meet up. The diamond shape have no consistency to them, even taking into account the way the tentacles twist around. On the cross section of the anchor, one side is a straight line and it’s curved on the other side. You can clearly see where they went off pattern on the left side.  The center lines in the anchor don’t quite match up. The chain links are square cornered instead of having rounded corners, and the pieces of chain link fragments that broke off don’t match where they broke off from. And the small links don’t actually overlap the larger ones. No wonder that shit broke. 
    Lines in the anchor are bloodlines you won’t see them once the shading and color is put down 
    🙄

As hard as I dragged all of your shit I can’t just turn around and not point out what I see. I’m hyper critical of line work because that’s what it takes to do tattoos. It’s like a producer’s ears next to the ears of a rando casual. I really dig Ape’s tattoo. A wobble is a wobble. The short left bloodline inside the anchor doesn’t touch the center line. Super small detail but I see it because it’s basically the center of a nautical star and those little fuckers suck to tattoo. Those big bold outlines defining the outside of the Octopus body are beautiful. The anchor and chain are not that same quality. First link off the anchor doesn’t line up on the outside outline. It’s not a damaged link but a bit of curve to what should be a straight line on the outside. The short one after it doesn’t pass through the first link. The broken off pieces have none of the corner bits to them. Mostly small shit easily fixed. But the worst bit is the anchor cross being two totally different shapes. It’s all there if you look. 
    The nice thing about tattoos even one this big little things aren’t going to be noticed from a distance. It’s easy to critique when it’s high def photos super close. Which is fine. Imperfections will happen. Those imperfections will likely be a lot less noticeable when it’s fully colored. 
    That thing is gonna pop right off your skin when it’s all done no doubt. I fucking love big bold tattoos. What color is the octopus gonna be? 
    Bright red 
    My guess was gonna be red/orange. 
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,202 mod
    Did Jobe go to tattoo school?

Basically. I worked at a shop doing body piercing and started an apprenticeship with a couple tattoo artists. Shop owner moved, people didn’t like the new guy and the shop eventually closed before I could finish. I had a kid on the way and was burnt out of doing the starving artist thing (I was good but not great at it) and I didn’t want to move to where the shop owner was, so I took a shitty job at a foundry for awhile, then eventually went to college for water treatment. Every job I had before was physically brutal. It’s easy, pays well, is everywhere, and will always be needed. And they had 100% job placement after graduation. 
    Black Lotus done today. Getting another one on the other side next month. Neck will be a full turtleneck up to the hairline and jawline so these are dope lil fillers for the lil space available between the main pieces.